If we win out in the SEC and get two wins the SEC Tourny???

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Are we dancing then?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

rebeloke wrote:Are we dancing then?
I don't think so. The selection committee probably had their eye on us for the first part of SEC play. To see if we'd deal with adversity and keep plugging away. We did nothing of the sort. Even if we get hot, win out in the SEC and win a couple games in the SEC tourney, they will still see us as a team with no self confidence, and no sense of pride. And they'd be right. The only time we truly have confidence is when were playing a clearly inferior team at home.

Don't expect more than 1 more SEC win and an early exit in the tourney.
IF we get invited to the NIT, we'll be done in 2 games. Of course I'm HOPING for much more, but that's all I'm putting into it.
L. S. WHO?
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I think we suffered from some injuries that could easily explain the skid. Skids happen just look at your britches if you don't believe me. Once you let a little liquid slip then it gets harder to hold containment due the increase lubrication. Before you know it you have a dump load of trouble. The important thing is to got get yourself cleaned up and make the most of the rest of the day.
Last edited by rebeloke on Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

I tend to agree. As I have said a couple of times, I am upset that the guys gave me false hope during the "preseason," but at this point, they are right on target to go the NIT as I predicted back in October. I hate to keep using the "freshman" excuse, but this is a young team that will be solid for a couple of years to come.

I say that we win two in the SEC tourney and two in the NIT.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

rebeloke wrote:I think we suffered from some injuries that could easily explain the skid. Skids happen just look at your britches if you don't believe me. Once you let a little liquid slip then it gets harder to hold containment due the increase lubrication. Before you know it you have a dump load of trouble. The important thing is to got get yourself cleaned up and make the most of the rest of the day.
Lol, that's about the nastiest metaphor I've ever heard, but truly applicable.
People have reported a distinct fecal odor at our road games.... 8O
L. S. WHO?
sportsdirector06
Water Boy
Water Boy

you gotta believe that it could happen though

the big ten is down this year and there's a few big east teams that are struggling down the stretch

arkansas got in last year with about the same record that we have this year

people know that we have fallen off, but if we can play big and close out with two wins and then get two more in the tourney? that'd be winning 5 out of the last 6 games

i think it's possible especially with three seniors on a roster that hasn't seen a lot of winning during their 4 years...it's just a good story line
ole miss basketball is the reason i have heart problems at 22
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I have been looking at the RPI of different teams and happen to think that Ole Miss with a W against UGA and at least two more wins if not three in the SEC will have to be a strong at large candidate.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

If you were watching ESPN last night and they did the blind resume comparisons, and it certainly appears that we make a stronger case than some who are assumed to already be in. Course, if they won their conference and got an automatic berth then it doesn't matter at all. Still, we make as good a case if not better than Florida.

But I don't know jack squat about basketball, so take that for what it's worth.
GO REBELS!!!
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

I hope yall make it and they leave Uk out. Go Cards! UL is looking like that final 4 team in 05. But they are a bit better and everyone knows Pitino is the ultimate tourney coach.
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Between us, Florida, Kentucky, and Arkansas, one team is in and possibly two.

Tenn, Vandy, and State are in. A fourth SEC team is guaranteed and a fifth not out of the question. We have to root against FL, KY, and Ark every game. It would be possible to get in with just 2 more wins I think. Three is a guarantee!!!