Ole Miss vs TCU Game - 1

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

great win. great work by the staff (Lynn and Bittle) to get out of some tough spots. Commend Bittle for working the second half of the game and saving some arms for later today and tomorrow.
Seemed like we had a good day at the plate, with 10 hits, but still are searching for that clutch hit consistency.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Bittle pitched four innings today so I assume he's mostly done for this series? Especially with the three games in two days scenario. Maybe we can squeeze an inning or two out of him tommorrow if we have to? Any thoughts on this? I'm just glad we got it done. You hate to use up your best starter and best reliever if we'd wound up losing this one, especially in these circumstances.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Game one is alway crucial and the Rebs get the win. Makes it easier to win the series that way.

If you're thinking about the polls then you just about have to have a sweep to keep from getting jumped, IMO. 4-1 on the week is a lot better to the pollsters than 3-2. 3-2 is a great record against 3 quality opponents and you certainly don't deserve drop in to polls, but there are still too many 1 loss teams out there waiting to jump the #2/4 spots. Need a sweep in Ft. Worth to stay where we're at, I would think.
GO REBELS!!!