OM vs. TCU - Game Two

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Homeplate ump is giving McKean that outside low strike he's giving the TCU guys, b/c he's got his control. Cody just didn't have it today....
L. S. WHO?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:what the hell is the problem???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Not sure if you followed Rebel baseball last year, but actually we're doing better this year in that situation. I can't count how many times last year we had runners on 3rd, less than 2 outs and couldn't get the runner home. We're doing better this year, but still struggling with it.

McKean is doing pretty good. 2 away quickly! Go Rory!!
I did, but not to the extent I am this year. Was so disheartend by basketball, I needed something to put my heart into, and it's baseball season baby!!!!

I guess I'll take your word for it about being better this year, but SONOFA!!! that's aggravating
L. S. WHO?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

So is triple up and down...... :(
L. S. WHO?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Now this hump behind the plate is missing calls left and right !!!!!!!
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

oxpatchreb wrote:Now this hump behind the plate is missing calls left and right !!!!!!!
Yep, and Brett Basham has been ejected now.

What is going on?????
GO REBELS!!!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Basham ejected from behind the plate. this is the WORST CALLED GAME EVER RECORDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L. S. WHO?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:Now this hump behind the plate is missing calls left and right !!!!!!!
Yep, and Brett Basham has been ejected now.

What is going on?????
These guys are either high school leftovers or blind AND stupid.
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I've been following Rebel baseball closely for 5 years now and this is the FIRST time I've EVER seen one of our players ejected. EVER. And TWO of them are ejected in one game? Our guys just don't play that way. That tells me that something is seriously wrong with these umps.

I'd be interested to know what's going on here...
GO REBELS!!!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

COME ON REBELS!!!!!! GET FIRED UP AND LETS GET SOME RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
L. S. WHO?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:I've been following Rebel baseball closely for 5 years now and this is the FIRST time I've EVER seen one of our players ejected. EVER. And TWO of them are ejected in one game? Our guys just don't play that way. That tells me that something is seriously wrong with these umps.

I'd be interested to know what's going on here...
Don't have to follow the Rebs long to recognize that these guys have NO CLUE what their doing.
Last edited by oxpatchreb on Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

You got it the rest of the way oxpatch. Got to get out of here. Here's to a come from behind win!
GO REBELS!!!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:You got it the rest of the way oxpatch. Got to get out of here. Here's to a come from behind win!
You got it man...
L. S. WHO?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Alright, I've had enough. We've got errands to do and it seems like the Ump has this one put away...... so I'm bowing out now, before I get any further motivation to drive to FW tonight and smash some ump heads.

Good game blue, way to be a NON factor.
L. S. WHO?
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Dropped fly ball with two out in the ninth, winning run scores for the Frogs. Well that rips it... Just didn't get it done in game two. Lots of stuff contributed to this one: The inning we loaded the bases and didn't score, Henry going one for nine today, starter didn't have his stuff, two players tossed... :oops:
Last edited by felicianareb on Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

felicianareb wrote:Dropped fly ball with two out in the ninth, winning run scores for the Frogs. Well that rips it... Just didn't get it done in game two. Lots of stuff contributed to this one: The inning we loaded the bases and didn't score, Henry going one for nine today, starter didn't have his stuff, two players tossed... :oops:
The officiating was horrendous. We're talking MONUMENTALLY horrendous.

However, had the game been called better, I still don't think we'd have won. TCU played better, pitched better and hit when it counted. We have no excuses at all. We played (pitching was pretty good all day) poorly. You cannot load bases with no outs, and get punked out in games against good teams. They'll make you pay, and TCU did just that.

I want Mike to let the boys off the leash tomorrow. I want him to let them swing at what they like, throw what they want and run when they feel like it. Let them have some fun. We're going to drop in the polls no matter what, so I don't think playing not to lose (like we did today) is worth it. We've got some high powered offense on this team, give them the keys and trust that they'll take care of it!!!!!!!
L. S. WHO?