Moderator: Rebel Security

fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

nm
Burn
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

wow, im surprised this board is so dead after a pretty good win. We're still alive people!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Burn wrote:wow, im surprised this board is so dead after a pretty good win. We're still alive people!
I know.

No matter what, 21 wins is still a very good season.

So do we have to win just 1 or 2 in the tourney to secure a bid?
Some Random Dude
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

I think that despite a lack-luster SEC, one tourney win gets us to dancing.

I find it odd that after the team has still over achieved, has at least equaled the out- put that we had last year (after losing three seniors and coincedentially the three top scorers) that this board is so quiet concerning the Rebel basketball program.

There maybe some problems with the staff, but chock full o' drunks or not, they have again, done a whale of a job this season in my estimation.

Go REBS!!
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

I think the roller coaster ride of a season we had has everyone worn out. I am tired and there is still some basketball left to play. We had some losses that should not have happened like Auburn and South Carolina at home that really stung. We had some blow out losses that especially hurt like Miss State and LSU.
The win total is right about where I thought it would be but it happened a lot different than I thought it would.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I'm very pleased with our season.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
done

I love the fact that we are winning, but it is almost painful to watch them play because of our undisciplined style. It just wears me out.

It's like a struggling round of golf that leaves you not quite sure if you want to go through that again. It is too much like work.

But I will be rooting hard.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Personally I am done unless they can prove to me that they deserve my support again. I sank my heart into this team (as I do with every OM sports team) DEEP into the SEC schedule. Posting about how we can and will turn it around soon, and that all we needed was some confidence to start a nice win streak. This team quit on me, turned on each other, turned on the coaches and the coaches publicly embarrassed themselves. Lost a TON of games they should have won, and didn't fight through the adversity, so I'm not fighting for them now. This is a two way street, they want our loud, exuberant, ceaseless support? Show me you care as much as I do!!!!!!!!!

Like I've said in other posts, all we (fans) have is our support. When a team falls apart like this one did, gives up and shuts down, all we can do is pull our support to show our dislike for their current situation.

Maybe they are playing better, maybe they'll play their way into the Dance. But they will have to do more than that to show me that they are deserving of my support. Show me this is more than a lucky streak. Show me it's more than an emotional win on senior night against Arky, and a lucky win against a horrible UGA team OTR. Prove to me that you have the guts to do some serious damage in the post season and that you truly, TRULY deserve a nod to the NCAA by causing some major trouble in the SECT, not just b/c you get a win or two against weak teams and the pundits put you in to save themselves the headache of bad press.

Bottom line, if they play with the same amount of desire and intensity as I give in my support, then I'll invest in this team emotionally again. If they PROVE to me that the reality TV garbage is behind them and I'll get back on board. If they play just well enough to get by, I'm going to barely give them a peak on ESPN.

This is not bandwagon speak, this is not someone supporting only wins. This is someone who supports effort and commitment, that's all I ask. This is someone who is tired of investing his heart and soul into something. Giving energy, enthusiasm, passion and desire to a team that has not shown that their passion and desire match my own. I will not be made a fool of. They play/act/implode they way they did, I'm done.

However, if they really begin to gel, play solid (regardless of W/L) game in and game out, show me the fire, show me they WANT IT AS BAD AS I WANT IT, show me they are NOT an overrated joke, show me that they are truly a force to be reckoned with, then I'm in. For the whole shooting match, kit and kaboodle, the whole 9 yds. I'll support them fully through the rest of the short OR long post season. I'll go to bat for them against any LSU, MSU, AUB, or Bama fan I come across.

The burden of proof is theirs.
L. S. WHO?