Talk about the conference tourney

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Burn
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I feel like we're in pretty good position to do some damage in this thing. I really see us going to the finals and probably losing to the Vols.

What are your thoughts?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I see us beating UGA (unless the recent loss fires them up) and then losing in 2nd round.

Most people see an advantage to getting UGA in the first round. I think that's a disadvantage because the loss to the Rebels will be fresh on the Dawgs' minds and they'll be out for blood. Plus now they've had almost two weeks to prepare for us.
GO REBELS!!!
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

Are there individual tickets available for the game on Thursday??
Just another day being better than State.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

We are ripe for the upset to UGA. We'll go in expecting to win b/c we handled them solidly in the last meeting. Unless AK can do a good job keeping their heads on straight. UGA will hang around, and hang around and be there at the end. We'll do a poor job of ball control and free throw shooting, and lose in the last minute. But like I said, if AK can actually get the young guys to stay focused on the job at hand, feed the big men down low, TAKE CARE OF THE BALL, and rebound, rebound, rebound then we can and will win it.

I think we'll play better against UK, if they come out soft or tight, we'll have a VERY good chance to upset them. I really hope we make a deep run, but this team has been so hot and cold, I just can't see us playing really well for a long enough period to make an impression on the tourney selection committee. I think we'd have to DESTROY georgia and beat UK very solidly by more than 8 going away to get a look from the selection folks (I don't agree with it, but I think that's reality). After those two games, I don't think we'll have enough to get by State to get to the final against UT. But, as long as State doesn't blow us out off the court (loss by 8 or less and in the game the whole time) we will get the nod.

Here we go Rebs, time to show the world what your made of!!!!!!

Here's to hopin'!!!!!!!!
L. S. WHO?
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

oxpatchreb wrote:We are ripe for the upset to UGA. We'll go in expecting to win b/c we handled them solidly in the last meeting. Unless AK can do a good job keeping their heads on straight. UGA will hang around, and hang around and be there at the end. We'll do a poor job of ball control and free throw shooting, and lose in the last minute. But like I said, if AK can actually get the young guys to stay focused on the job at hand, feed the big men down low, TAKE CARE OF THE BALL, and rebound, rebound, rebound then we can and will win it.

I think we'll play better against UK, if they come out soft or tight, we'll have a VERY good chance to upset them. I really hope we make a deep run, but this team has been so hot and cold, I just can't see us playing really well for a long enough period to make an impression on the tourney selection committee. I think we'd have to DESTROY georgia and beat UK very solidly by more than 8 going away to get a look from the selection folks (I don't agree with it, but I think that's reality). After those two games, I don't think we'll have enough to get by State to get to the final against UT. But, as long as State doesn't blow us out off the court (loss by 8 or less and in the game the whole time) we will get the nod.

Here's to hopin'!!!!!!!!
Hard to find any holes in that assessment, except that for one, a win over UGA would not be an upset at all.

I totally agree that, with Patterson hurt, we have more than a "punchers chance" against Kentucky, matter of fact, I think that we might be favored in that one. UK has trouble scoring. Again, without Patterson, UK has to find alternate scoring options and I do not believe that they really have them in the fold.

All in all, I think that you are right and we need to make big time noise in the SEC Tourney (I still have yet to hear of the Rebs as a "Bubble" team in any Nationally driven debate. A whole lot of Syracuse, Arizona talk though)

I guess that I am an over-all optomist (sic) and a believer in AK. Honestly, the way this thing seems to shake out, I believe that it is not out of the realm of possibility to see us in at least the semi-finals, and quite possibly, the fianls of this tournament.

I think that we stand a good shot at dancing and just hope that if we get there we are not embarressed.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

OMNOB wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:We are ripe for the upset to UGA. We'll go in expecting to win b/c we handled them solidly in the last meeting. Unless AK can do a good job keeping their heads on straight. UGA will hang around, and hang around and be there at the end. We'll do a poor job of ball control and free throw shooting, and lose in the last minute. But like I said, if AK can actually get the young guys to stay focused on the job at hand, feed the big men down low, TAKE CARE OF THE BALL, and rebound, rebound, rebound then we can and will win it.

Here's to hopin'!!!!!!!!
Hard to find any holes in that assessment, except that for one, a win over UGA would not be an upset at all.

I totally agree that, with Patterson hurt, we have more than a "punchers chance" against Kentucky, matter of fact, I think that we might be favored in that one. UK has trouble scoring. Again, without Patterson, UK has to find alternate scoring options and I do not believe that they really have them in the fold.

All in all, I think that you are right and we need to make big time noise in the SEC Tourney (I still have yet to hear of the Rebs as a "Bubble" team in any Nationally driven debate. A whole lot of Syracuse, Arizona talk though)

I guess that I am an over-all optomist (sic) and a believer in AK. Honestly, the way this thing seems to shake out, I believe that it is not out of the realm of possibility to see us in at least the semi-finals, and quite possibly, the fianls of this tournament.

I think that we stand a good shot at dancing and just hope that if we get there we are not embarressed.
No, I meant we are ripe for them to pull the upset on US.
L. S. WHO?
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

I agree with you OxpatchReb. This team has a special talent for stinking it up when they really need to win. I'm all for them proving me wrong. 8)