Ernie LaBarge passed

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Read on another board that Ernie LaBarge passed away. He, from what I understand, was the one who is/was responsible for the Ole Miss Bull Pen Club. Has raised a lot of money for the baseball team.

Prayers and many thanks to Ernie and the LaBarge family.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I know that he has been battling cancer for a long while now and had not attended a game this season due to being in the hospital. No news on the Bullpen Club's website, but it seems confirmed.

He has been such a huge asset to the baseball program. The news is greatly upsetting. I've had the privilege of meeting him once or twice. What a great guy. When it came to the baseball program there's no one who loved it more. Probably more so than even the coaches. The Bullpen Club was only the tool he used. His vision and passion for the program kept it going and growing to be the largest collegiate baseball support organization in the country. He was a man of great respect among the coaches, players, and fans. It hasn't been the same not seeing him sitting at the bullpen club's table on the concourse this season. He'll be missed.

Much prayer for his family and friends.