Shout out to AK

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I'm sorry to be posting so much about the team but I think someone needs to give AK a shout out for last night. I have read too many posts bashing him and calling him Mr. Nit and all this crap. Seriously, some of our fans on other boards are just delusional.

However, I want to point out a set of substitutions he made last night. When we made that run to close the gap last night you may have noticed that neither Chris Warren or Brian Smith were on the floor. Kennedy had a line up of Polynice, Zach "Showcase" Graham, David, and Curtis/Williams in there. One of the more athletic line ups we could put out there and it caused match up problems on both ends of the floor. The shortest guy out there was 6'5 and the length of those players killed UGA on the press and with Polynice, our best dribbler and passer handling the ball, the offense ran smoothly.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I wish we would have run that group out there a lot more, especially when we played Auburn. Those 5 would have given them fits.

Also, no one talks about in OT when we had a 5 point lead and we had the ball Warren took a quick 3-point shot and missed and they quickly tied the game back up. Warren had an open shot but had been off all night, it was not a 'good' shot to take at that time. I wish we would have worked it down low and got a bucket from Curtis and gone up by 7. That would have turned up the pressure.

Also, Curtis' 2 pointer, that would have been a 3 if he were 1/2 and inch back. That would have been nice.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Take this season as a whole and it sure is more fun than it was a couple of years ago.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

bbqit wrote:Take this season as a whole and it sure is more fun than it was a couple of years ago.
Cannot argue that.
sportsdirector06
Water Boy
Water Boy

a couple years ago, you could not find a single student to camp out for season tickets

myself and mtown did it before this season, and when the gate opened up for the first sale of tickets there was probably 30 people there

next year, things will hopefully continue to grow
ole miss basketball is the reason i have heart problems at 22