Richard Cross

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

mmoore313
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

what happened to him, and who is this guy that has taken his place? seems this guy has been with DK for all the baseball games i have listened to so far this year.
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton... Old times they are not forgotten.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

mmoore313 wrote:what happened to him, and who is this guy that has taken his place? seems this guy has been with DK for all the baseball games i have listened to so far this year.
I think Cross' contract was not renewed this year.

Isn't he with CSS now? Not sure. Darby used to do baseball several years ago, so he's done it before.
GO REBELS!!!
Faninreb
Water Boy
Water Boy

He does an excellent job calling baseball games.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I really liked listening to Cross doing the baseball games. Darby does a fine job also and I don't think we could have gotten a better replacement.

Now I just wish we had a better radio station in Memphis to listen to the ballgames. I can pick it up in my vehicle but not well at all in the house. Either on a stereo or with a portable radio, I've moved that thing all over the house with very little luck.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

oxfordrebel wrote:
mmoore313 wrote:what happened to him, and who is this guy that has taken his place? seems this guy has been with DK for all the baseball games i have listened to so far this year.
I think Cross' contract was not renewed this year.

Isn't he with CSS now? Not sure. Darby used to do baseball several years ago, so he's done it before.
I used to work with his dad and his dad told me that he had gotten a much better paying job and had to give up announcing...I liked him too. I don't think his new job has anything to do with Radio at all, but I am not sure.
Later,
Hagar
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Richard Cross will be one of the two guys calling the 3rd game of our weekend series against State tomorrow on CSS, so you can hear him tomorrow if you get CSS.
GO REBELS!!!