Like the Basketball team...

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

The diamond Rebs took care of business tonight, as a fan base, we just need to get behind our teams if we want success!!
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

OMNOB wrote:The diamond Rebs took care of business tonight, as a fan base, we just need to get behind our teams if we want success!!
I was headed home from church about the time the baseball game finished up last night and I turn off Hwy 6 and drive down Old Taylor Rd. to head home. Of course the stadium's right there. MUCH smaller crowd leaving the park last night as opposed to other games. Not sure if it was the drizzling rain when the game started or the early start time or the NIT game across campus or a combination, but it was a small crowd for a mid-week game.

It was also a very small crowd Tuesday night for a mid-week game. Course it was drizzling rain Tuesday evening too...
GO REBELS!!!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxfordrebel wrote:
OMNOB wrote:The diamond Rebs took care of business tonight, as a fan base, we just need to get behind our teams if we want success!!
I was headed home from church about the time the baseball game finished up last night and I turn off Hwy 6 and drive down Old Taylor Rd. to head home. Of course the stadium's right there. MUCH smaller crowd leaving the park last night as opposed to other games. Not sure if it was the drizzling rain when the game started or the early start time or the NIT game across campus or a combination, but it was a small crowd for a mid-week game.

It was also a very small crowd Tuesday night for a mid-week game. Course it was drizzling rain Tuesday evening too...
This is just me talking...but maybe the small crowd has something to do with the early disappointments in the season.

With the "success" of the football team, the collapse of the basketball team, and now the baseball team having lost some games they should NOT have lost, Reb fans are quick to just give up on a team.

Not saying it's right or that's how it should be. But I can't blame anyone for not feeling all giddy about Rebel athletics right now.
Some Random Dude
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

lewindha wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote:

This is just me talking...but maybe the small crowd has something to do with the early disappointments in the season.

With the "success" of the football team, the collapse of the basketball team, and now the baseball team having lost some games they should NOT have lost, Reb fans are quick to just give up on a team.

Not saying it's right or that's how it should be. But I can't blame anyone for not feeling all giddy about Rebel athletics right now.
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'm guilty of this very thing. I just can't get all hopped up for this Baseball team when all signs point to another "almost" season. :oops:

It's absolutely killing me to watch the strongest team we've had in the last 5 years puke on themselves in mid-week games against teams that can't get it done in their own conferences. For now, I'm watching from a distance.
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

lewindha wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I just didn't want to say it out loud. It's WAY, WAY too early to bail on this team!
GO REBELS!!!
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I can personally say that it was the combination of rain and the NIT game.

Because we were honestly looking forward to a good ol' bbq last night before the cold 'n wet came through.
done

My heart is with the Rebels and I want the basketball team and baseball team to go as far as they can. But I will be honest with you, my soul won't be aroused until we kick against Memphis.

Right now, the anticipation and curiosity of what we are going to do in football is the Big Elephant in the room when I watch any of the other sports. Even watching the NIT game last night, my interest was most attentive when they interviewed Coach Nutt.

Once I know that we are really back on track in football then I will again be able to relax and enjoy the other sports.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:My heart is with the Rebels and I want the basketball team and baseball team to go as far as they can. But I will be honest with you, my soul won't be aroused until we kick against Memphis.

Right now, the anticipation and curiosity of what we are going to do in football is the Big Elephant in the room when I watch any of the other sports. Even watching the NIT game last night, my interest was most attentive when they interviewed Coach Nutt.

Once I know that we are really back on track in football then I will again be able to relax and enjoy the other sports.
Is this elephant crimson or cardinal? Just checking... Perhaps Khayat inserted a new mascot when I wasn't looking. Alabama might be upset... 8)
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:My heart is with the Rebels and I want the basketball team and baseball team to go as far as they can. But I will be honest with you, my soul won't be aroused until we kick against Memphis.

I'm just the opposite. I use baseball as an escape from the thought of football. I want all of our teams to be national champs, but if I had to rank the sports for myself it'd be first baseball, then football. Basketball...well...it's still hard for me to get excited about it. Just don't care for the sport as a whole. Kennedy's exciting style of basketball makes it more fun to watch, but more painful to see us loose in too.
GO REBELS!!!
mmoore313
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

oxfordrebel wrote:

I'm just the opposite. I use baseball as an escape from the thought of football. I want all of our teams to be national champs, but if I had to rank the sports for myself it'd be first baseball, then football. Basketball...well...it's still hard for me to get excited about it. Just don't care for the sport as a whole. Kennedy's exciting style of basketball makes it more fun to watch, but more painful to see us loose in too.
I have to agree with you oxfordrebel. one of my first experiences at ole miss was a baseball game in right field, so i am partial to baseball. football is a fun experience, but too much for one day. i think thats why i prefer baseball. its spread out and not as hectic.
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton... Old times they are not forgotten.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Anyone know much about Rodney Jones? I was not able to see or listen to the game last night but I did catch some of the post game stuff. Kellum and AK were praising Jones for coming in for Polynice and holding down CSB's #1 guy. He still scored 20 points but AK was saying that it was a quiet 20 and many were garbage pts. toward the end of the game.

Props to Jones for stepping up and playing a big role in the win last night.

They were also talking about Polynice and that he is starting to show some problems from an injury got in the Alabama game. Some swelling and soreness in his knee. He played very little last night.
Heath
All American
All American

Redbluedude wrote:Anyone know much about Rodney Jones? I was not able to see or listen to the game last night but I did catch some of the post game stuff. Kellum and AK were praising Jones for coming in for Polynice and holding down CSB's #1 guy. He still scored 20 points but AK was saying that it was a quiet 20 and many were garbage pts. toward the end of the game.

Props to Jones for stepping up and playing a big role in the win last night.

They were also talking about Polynice and that he is starting to show some problems from an injury got in the Alabama game. Some swelling and soreness in his knee. He played very little last night.
Basketball forum, please!! In this forum, it is sunny, 82 degrees, and the smell of fresh cut grass and the sound of aluminum bats habitate the air. We don't have the smell of hardwood and the look of overly-dressed coaches. Just kidding with ya. I was trying to be poetic!! :lol: