Central Arkansas Game

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxpatchreb
All American
All American

oxpatchreb wrote:I AM WIPING MY HANDS OF THIS TEAM.

I CANNOT HANDLE ANOTHER BASKETBALL SEASON.

This is the same G.D. team as the last 5. LOADED with talent, UNDERACHIEVING!!!!!!

i'm done.
EDIT: If this team goes to Omaha and wins (one or the whole thing) it will be my punishment for bailing on them. But be that as it may, I cannot watch ANOTHER great Ole Miss sports team disintegrate like this. It's too painful and I've had just about all I can handle of failure. It hurts too much to watch this team pi** themselves out of national rankings and national prominence. 5 years of really VERY solid teams, nothing but SR losses and marginal rankings to be proud of.
I can stand these "growing pains" when we're LEARNING to play with the big boys in those first 2 or 3 years, but arguably we ARE one of the big boys and we're still "not quite putting it together". So I'm done. I can't handle it. It's too hard. If we stank, it woulr be different, I'd be praising all our "unexpected wins" and I'd be able to accept the loses to teams we are equal to. There is not a single team on our schedule that we are similar to on paper. We are better TOP TO BOTTOM than any other team on our schedule on paper.
Now, if our guys don't believe in themselves and their coach enough to beat the likes of AR ST, WKU and Central Ark, then they don't deserve me ripping my guts out over their games. I'll check in from time to time, see how the ol' schedule is turning out, but i'm not putting aside portions of my life to follow this team pitch by pitch. Back to waiting for football.......
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

oxpatchreb wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:I AM WIPING MY HANDS OF THIS TEAM.

I CANNOT HANDLE ANOTHER BASKETBALL SEASON.

This is the same G.D. team as the last 5. LOADED with talent, UNDERACHIEVING!!!!!!

i'm done.
EDIT: If this team goes to Omaha and wins (one or the whole thing) it will be my punishment for bailing on them. But be that as it may, I cannot watch ANOTHER great Ole Miss sports team disintegrate like this. It's too painful and I've had just about all I can handle of failure. It hurts too much to watch this team pi** themselves out of national rankings and national prominence. 5 years of really VERY solid teams, nothing but SR losses and marginal rankings to be proud of.
I can stand these "growing pains" when we're LEARNING to play with the big boys in those first 2 or 3 years, but arguably we ARE one of the big boys and we're still "not quite putting it together". So I'm done. I can't handle it. It's too hard. If we stank, it woulr be different, I'd be praising all our "unexpected wins" and I'd be able to accept the loses to teams we are equal to. There is not a single team on our schedule that we are similar to on paper. We are better TOP TO BOTTOM than any other team on our schedule on paper.
Now, if our guys don't believe in themselves and their coach enough to beat the likes of AR ST, WKU and Central Ark, then they don't deserve me ripping my guts out over their games. I'll check in from time to time, see how the ol' schedule is turning out, but i'm not putting aside portions of my life to follow this team pitch by pitch. Back to waiting for football.......
It is incredibly frustrating, but it's baseball. You WILL lose some you're not suppose to and you WILL win some you're not suppose to. What makes it frustrating is, like you said, we're top to bottom better than any team on the schedule with the exception of maybe one or two. And I say maybe.

Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint like football. It's like basketball. If you host a Regional or get a national seed to host a SR then that's wonderful, but as long as you get invited to the dance you have a chance and that's about all you can ask for at the end. I want a fighting chance. Rebels have that just like they have in the past. Plus, I think we'll fare better at the end than in past years. This is still a young team. We'll lose some this year that will be hard to replace, but we also have some Freshmen seeing good PT this year that will continue the success of Rebel baseball and only get better.

But I don't really blame you. This team is solid on paper. Unfortunately there's been a couple of bumps in the road. I guess what I'm saying is, don't give up on them. If you can't follow the game because of frustration then don't follow the games, but don't give up on the team. They still have great things left in them this year and we're only 1/3 of the way through the regular season. They're bailing some water, but the hole is small and can be plugged. Florida will tell a lot, but got to focus on UALR tonight!
GO REBELS!!!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

oxfordrebel wrote:
Side note on Bittle. This kid is AWESOME. It's great to see how he's grown as a pitcher. Last year he would have given up a couple of runs in the same situation he was in last night in the 8th. This year he puts it behind him and dominates the next two. Great job.

I do question the decision to take a pitcher like Bittle out while he's hot and put in Cryer. Cryer gave up a run on two hits, three walks, and two strikeouts in 1.0 inning of work. Maybe not so bad for a starter, but for a closer it can be the difference in a game, and it was last night.

Another side note. Major props to Fuller Smith! He went 4-for-4 last night with two singles and two doubles. What a night for Fuller!
Bittle did a great job and I didn't understand why they took him out, and when they did why not put in Pomeranz. Forget about tomorrows (todays) game, we need to win this game (Cent. Ark.).

Also, Fuller was 4 for 4 and doing great. We then replace him with Hubbard who promptly goes 0 for 2 and leaves 2 men on base. I just didn't understand taking our hot bat out of the line up.
mmoore313
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

there is no game that is an expected win whenever you are an ole miss fan... you should know that by now.
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton... Old times they are not forgotten.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

mmoore313 wrote:there is no game that is an expected win whenever you are an ole miss fan... you should know that by now.
And THAT sir, is why I have grey hairs in my beard at 32 and an ever dwindling sense of confidence in ANY AND ALL Ole Miss sports programs......

I hate it, and it sucks somethin' awful, but loving this school and team will turn you cynical WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY before your time. :disgust:
L. S. WHO?
Heath
All American
All American

OleMissFan9 wrote:
Heath wrote:I don't understand why Bianco is not playing Cullan Kight more instead of Matt Smith. True, Smith has come up with some big hits....a few weeks ago. I have not seen him do crap lately. I mean, why not put in Kight to play some, especially in a mid-week game? :?
Cullan Kight got arrested or something to the effect. Maybe Bianco suspended him internally?
I know he was arrested for DUI in the offseason, but I have not heard of anything since then. He was suspended for the first series of the season (Minn.). If he has been arrested since then, then his butt needs to be off the team. If not, then let him play some.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Heath wrote:
OleMissFan9 wrote:
Heath wrote:I don't understand why Bianco is not playing Cullan Kight more instead of Matt Smith. True, Smith has come up with some big hits....a few weeks ago. I have not seen him do crap lately. I mean, why not put in Kight to play some, especially in a mid-week game? :?
Cullan Kight got arrested or something to the effect. Maybe Bianco suspended him internally?
I know he was arrested for DUI in the offseason, but I have not heard of anything since then. He was suspended for the first series of the season (Minn.). If he has been arrested since then, then his butt needs to be off the team. If not, then let him play some.
Agreed and I have not heard of him being arrested during the season. He had that DUI and fake ID thing a couple of weeks before the season but has been good since, or so I thought anyway.

Yes, oxpatch, being a Rebel fan will make you cynical, unfortunately. But I'd rather be a cynical Rebel fan than a fan of any other team!
GO REBELS!!!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:
Heath wrote:
OleMissFan9 wrote: Cullan Kight got arrested or something to the effect. Maybe Bianco suspended him internally?
Agreed and I have not heard of him being arrested during the season. He had that DUI and fake ID thing a couple of weeks before the season but has been good since, or so I thought anyway.

Yes, oxpatch, being a Rebel fan will make you cynical, unfortunately. But I'd rather be a cynical Rebel fan than a fan of any other team!
Can't argue with that....
L. S. WHO?
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I'm trying to look at this season a little differently. Usually, regardless of the sport, we start off well and end on a sour note. Maybe it's time to start off slow and end with a real "BANG". Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but that's what I think will happen with this team. Let's just get to Regionals and go from there. Let's peak when it counts this time around!