Vandy Game 3

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebel Sweep Write Up from olemisssports.com .

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... ID=1434564
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

rebelliousb wrote:I expected we'd have 4 or 5 sweeps in the SEC schedule. This was certainly not one of them.
EXACTLY what I was thinking....... 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Like I said in another post.... our sports teams are completely psychotic (maybe there's a better word, USC), one week it's 1-4 against bad opponents, the next it's a 4-0 including a sweep against a top 10 program. Wow, that's all I can say.... WOW.
L. S. WHO?
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Some big moves this weekend made this p[ossible. Moved Fuller Smith to lead-off, put Jeremy Travis in right, and put Drew Pomeranz pitching Saterday. Bittle and Cryer relieved the bestthey have all year.

Travis started the hitting off by going 3-4 in the first game and it continued through the weekend. Homers by Overbeck and Smith were fun to witness. Good crowd. This weekend will be packed since we play LSWHO.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

GtownRebel wrote:Some big moves this weekend made this p[ossible. Moved Fuller Smith to lead-off, put Jeremy Travis in right, and put Drew Pomeranz pitching Saterday. Bittle and Cryer relieved the bestthey have all year.

Travis started the hitting off by going 3-4 in the first game and it continued through the weekend. Homers by Overbeck and Smith were fun to witness. Good crowd. This weekend will be packed since we play LSWHO.
True. I hope this puts a fire under Henry's rear end by him having to sit in favor of Travis. But then if you get Henry AND Travis hitting well, who do you start? I'd say Henry, but you have to find a way to get hot bats in the lineup.

Travis stepped up BIG TIME this weekend. And Fuller is playing so well right now. Everything looks like a beach ball to him at the plate it seems.

This is the second week in a row that Pomeranz has started the 2nd game. This week we saw why he should stay in that spot. 8 shutout innings. Any questions?

I would be quite surprised if Bittle is still around next year. I think it's safe to say he'll be in a farm program this time next year. And how about Cryer? He had probably his best performance this past weekend. Really, all the pitchers stepped up and did their part except for, surprisingly, Lynn, but I think that was probably due to happen. Lynn's dominating pitch is his fastball. If teams are hitting it then he's going to have a long day. Especially when his other pitches aren't working and he can't mix them in effectively. I think that's what you saw at Bama last weekend and against Vandy this past weekend. Fortunately he got enough run support to overcome it. Actually he didn't, but Bittle did and picked up the win.

Sweep next weekend and really take control of the West. Lose next weekend and it's going to be a fight to the end. Probably will be anyway, but it'd be nice to put the division away with two series over the next two weeks. Put the division away and really build the post-season resume up.
GO REBELS!!!