KENNEDY IN OVER HIS HEAD

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

sportsdirector06
Water Boy
Water Boy

I don't think the team is able to play defense because they aren't the type of player kennedy wants.

Dwayne Curtis and Jermey Parnell lost weight, but they were still a step too slow to man up against SEC competition.

Curtis can jump over paper clips in a single bound, and that's about it. He was good for a steal from time to time, but often the team was in a zone defense because of his inability to play man defense against a more athletic opponent.

The zone defense opened up for constant drives to the basket, and after williams and parnell would rack up fouls, no one could stop them. It also opened up the outside shot, so it made it to where we could be scored on with some ease.

We have to be able to play man to man and cover every inch of the court for Kennedy's pressure style to work. The guards could do it from time to time, and we will get better with their increased experience.
ole miss basketball is the reason i have heart problems at 22
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

How is dribbling off the foot and throwing the ball to the wrong team coaching???? What I saw in the Ohio St game was nerves combined with playing big, fast guards. What was there undisciplined about it? It was NOT the preparation or coaching. I don't see how that can be too blame. Warren played his worst game of the year and he is our only ballhandler which just adds to the pressure. Brian Smith played his heart out at Ole Miss, but when he is your 2nd best ballhandler you are in trouble. Next year will have Bogan and Terrico White to pick us up in this area. Along with Polynice and Graham, and Huertas's shooting like he did at the end of the year I feel good about the backcourt. Hopefully Gaskins finds a nice spot at the end of the bench next year as it is apparent he cannot dribble nor pass and his shot is not consistent enough to warrant any playing time because of it.

Find me another coach who could have won this many games with our players!!!! Don't get me wrong, I have more respect for DC than almost any other Rebel I've ever watched and it's because he got 100% out of his talent. Not many players can say they gave it their all at the end of the day, but he did. If Malcolm White, and our incoming freshmen post players can maximize their potential like DC then we will be fine next year.