LSU GAME ONE

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Bottom of Sixth: Power grounds out to 3rd, Overbeck strikes out, Matt Smith strikes out. After Six: Rebs 1 Tiggers 1.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Top of Seventh: Clark grounds out to 1st, Hellenihi grounds out to 3rd, Gibbs strikes out. After 6 1/2 Rebs 1 Tiggers 1. Lynn has 11 K's.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Bottom of Seventh: Guerrerro grounds out to 2nd, Travis singles to left, Henry in to run for Travis, Henry thrown out stealing 2nd, Zach Miller infield single, Stuyverson pops out. After seven: Rebs 1 Tiggers 1.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Top of Eighth: Lemahieu grounds out to 2nd, Landry flies out to right, Dishon strikes out. After 7 1/2 : Rebs 1 Tiggers 1. Lynn has 12 K's & has retired the last 15 batters in a row. Come on Rebs! We can't waste this kind of pitching.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Bottom of Eighth: Basham homers to left on 1st pitch!!! Fuller Smith doubles to left, Hubbard in to run for Smith, Logan Power walks, LSU pulls reliever Bradshaw who opened the inning and replaces him with Bertuccini, Overbeck walks, Matt Smith lines out to third runner doubled up. Two out. Guerrerro flies out. After Eight: Rebs 2 Tiggers 1.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Top of Ninth: Bittle starts inning in relief. Schimpf strikes out, Hollander grounds out to 2nd, Dean singles to right with two strikes, McGhee in to run for Dean, Clark strikes out!!!! Hot d***!!! Rebs win 2-1. WHAT A GAME!!! Lynn gets the win allowing two hits. Bittle picks up another save.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Okay. All together now. GO TO HELL LSU, GO TO HELL!!!
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Thanks Felicianareb!! Great job.

So the Rebels are now 8 and 5, and Auburn is still in 2nd place with 6 wins and 7 losses but are 2 full games behind. I believe Alabama was rained out and so they are now in 3rd place at 5 and 7 and are 2 1/2 games behind. LSU is in 4th place at 5 and 8 and are 3 games behind. Arkansas won tonight by beating Florida, so they are now 4 and 8 and behind by 3 1/2 games. State is losing 14-7 to Vandy in the 8th inning. If they lose they will be at 3 and 10 and behind by 5 full games (great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

The only team in the SEC with a better conference record is Georgia who is 10 and 3 (2 full games better than Ole Miss). Florida and Ole Miss are tied for second with 8 and 5 records.
Heath
All American
All American

Thanks for the updates guys. I am at work and cannot get Gamewatcher or anything else on these computers. Thanks again!
Heath
All American
All American

That was just pure domination by Lynn! He must have had the "Gritty Gameface" on :x :x :x :!: :!:

But on the other side of that coin, the LSU pitchers did pretty well too. They held a hot offensive team to only 2 runs.

7 wins in a row :!: Looks like Bianco figured out something. WAY TO GO REBS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

This game was pretty awesome if you like a pitching duel. Lynn pitched pretty much lights out. But our bats were sooooo incredibly cold. We were swinging at first pitch almost every single time. They didn't work the LSU starter much at all and he was still very sharp when he was pull which was strange. It proved to be the death of LSU in this game.

It was very disappointing to load the bases with no outs in the 8th and not manage to bring a run around. But Smith's hit was sharp and right at the 3rd baseman then it was a footrace between him and Hubbard to the bag and the 3rd baseman just barely beat him back.

We were 1 of 4 1-run games tonight and that's generally what you would expect from a Friday night game although the past couple of years it's been more and more rare to see a true pitcher's duel, especially in a conference game. Tonight was a good one and good to see Lynn and Bittle step up and tell the offense "Hey, this pitcher LSU's throwing is throwing y'all off, so we'll just go ahead and take care of this one tonight." We could maybe talk about how the offense struggled, but really, it was just one of those games where pitching shined.

So, I carried my camera along tonight. Didn't take many pics, but got a few. If you want to see some images of the 5,500+ crowd and the players, then here ya go.

LSU vs. Ole Miss - Friday night game
GO REBELS!!!
Heath
All American
All American

Thanks for the pics, OxfordReb. Wish I coulda been there. Looks like the next series that i will make it to will be the Friday night Ark. game. Hope Lynn has his stuff that game too.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Great win, good to see Basham go yard for the win.

Also, great pics, thanks, keep'em coming. Any looks/pics of the new construction or can you tell much?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Redbluedude wrote:Great win, good to see Basham go yard for the win.

Also, great pics, thanks, keep'em coming. Any looks/pics of the new construction or can you tell much?
The 3rd base line looks almost identical to how it has all season. Same for 1st base line except they've put up a couple of plywood boards to make a kind of frame of some sort, but can't make much sense of it. I've never pretended to be a builder though.

All-in-all no progress that I can see, but I'm sure there's been a lot overall.
GO REBELS!!!
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

really nice PICS. Thanks for sharing