College football: Nutt 're-energized' in Oxford

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Good read, but my fav part......

"This is a team that did not win an SEC game last year, but we've got the talent and coaches in place that we can get to Atlanta and win championships," Nutt said. "The only thing that is holding us back is that mental attitude............

and

"I want to play to the strengths of our best players," Nutt said. "We ran the ball a lot the last couple of years because that was our biggest strength.

"But a lot of people don't remember our first couple of seasons at Arkansas we had Clint Stoerner. We let him throw it a lot, and he ended up leading the conference in passing and even broke a couple of school records. If our strength is throwing, we'll throw it. If it's running, we'll run it. But I want us to get to the point that we are strong enough everywhere that we can run it if we want to and then pass it when we need to. That's hard to do in this league."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... /805140319
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

[extreme sarcasm]Ain't you been listening to the Hog fans? We'll be lucky to throw the ball 10 times a game. This is all just smoke and mirrors put on by the ol' liar himself. Why did we even hire this guy?[/extreme sarcasm] :P
GO REBELS!!!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxfordrebel wrote:[extreme sarcasm]Ain't you been listening to the Hog fans? We'll be lucky to throw the ball 10 times a game. This is all just smoke and mirrors put on by the ol' liar himself. Why did we even hire this guy?[/extreme sarcasm] :P
well, you know what they say about casting pearls before swine......

:lol:
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

don't you know that you are buying the product from the snakeoil salesman too quickly. Blah blah blah, cliche, nutt sucks, Petrino is God, Mallet is amazing, Nutt sucks, cliche, cliche , cliche.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

dgmcdowe wrote:don't you know that you are buying the product from the snakeoil salesman too quickly. Blah blah blah, cliche, nutt sucks, Petrino is God, Mallet is amazing, Nutt sucks, cliche, cliche , cliche.
Who cares what 'they' think? This Fall we'll see who got the better deal - Arky with their Coach-I'm-Not-Cheap-But-I-Can-Be-Had-Until-I-Get-A-Better-Offer, or OM.

Frankly, HN wasn't my first choice, but I'll take him over this quitter in a heartbeat. Nutt is a good coach and the Rebels will win more games this year, that is ALL I care about. Anyway hogs are good for 1 thing only - roasting.

Go Rebels!
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

bleuwolfe wrote:
dgmcdowe wrote:don't you know that you are buying the product from the snakeoil salesman too quickly. Blah blah blah, cliche, nutt sucks, Petrino is God, Mallet is amazing, Nutt sucks, cliche, cliche , cliche.
Who cares what 'they' think? This Fall we'll see who got the better deal - Arky with their Coach-I'm-Not-Cheap-But-I-Can-Be-Had-Until-I-Get-A-Better-Offer, or OM.

Frankly, HN wasn't my first choice, but I'll take him over this quitter in a heartbeat. Nutt is a good coach and the Rebels will win more games this year, that is ALL I care about. Anyway hogs are good for 1 thing only - roasting.

Go Rebels!

Couldn't have said it any better myself!!!!!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
BigDeal
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Nutt will bring stability to this program. I think this coming year, we will see 8 regular season wins.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

BigDeal wrote:Nutt will bring stability to this program. I think this coming year, we will see 8 regular season wins.
Doubt that, but wouldn't mind it.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MtownRebel wrote:
BigDeal wrote:Nutt will bring stability to this program. I think this coming year, we will see 8 regular season wins.
Doubt that, but wouldn't mind it.
Now would that be lovely, Big! However, keeping it real - with a caveat of our starters staying healthy and JS being as good as we 'think' - 6 probable, maybe 7 if we can pull a big upset. At this point I'd take the 6 with a smile........never thought I'd say that. :evil: Sigh. But I hope you are right and I'm wrong.

Come on Rebs, prove me wrong, I'd love to eat some crow.
unclereb
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I agree, 6 or 7 wins is more realistic. Anything more is gravy.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

unclereb wrote:I agree, 6 or 7 wins is more realistic. Anything more is gravy.
yummy stuff, gravy, and it has been a looonnnnnng time since I've had a taste.....maybe this Fall we can cook up a little 8) goes good with elephant or so I've heard.......

GO REBELS
unclereb
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

bleuwolfe wrote:
unclereb wrote:I agree, 6 or 7 wins is more realistic. Anything more is gravy.
yummy stuff, gravy, and it has been a looonnnnnng time since I've had a taste.....maybe this Fall we can cook up a little 8) goes good with elephant or so I've heard.......

GO REBELS
It goes good with tiger as well. Throw in a little bulldog and you've got yourself a fine meal. :twisted: