Just heard that Basham

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

GtownRebel
All American
All American

will be returning next season. Hopefully, he gets his bat working. Nice to have the defensive player of the SEC back.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

he raised his average almost .060 points from this year to last; if he can make just half that improvement, that will give him right around .300 for the 2009 season.
that said, he is there for one reason: defense.
welcome back brett
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I think having someone who can catch a few weekday games and give him some rest will be a huge help for ol' BA.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

can't agree more MTown. squatting everyday takes its toll and definitely affects one's hitting. Henson could handle the mid-week action, especially once SEC play starts.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
Heath
All American
All American

olemsdave76 wrote:can't agree more MTown. squatting everyday takes its toll and definitely affects one's hitting. Henson could handle the mid-week action, especially once SEC play starts.
I agree. My dad was a catcher for the Golden Buzzards in Hattiesburg and his knees still hurt him.

I know a few catchers would play 3rd base to get a break while still being able to play. May not be a bad idea if this Henson boy can catch some.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Heath wrote:
olemsdave76 wrote:can't agree more MTown. squatting everyday takes its toll and definitely affects one's hitting. Henson could handle the mid-week action, especially once SEC play starts.
I agree. My dad was a catcher for the Golden Buzzards in Hattiesburg and his knees still hurt him.

I know a few catchers would play 3rd base to get a break while still being able to play. May not be a bad idea if this Henson boy can catch some.
Hightower too.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Losing Basham was a major concern of mine. We can lose several players and still be okay, but we need the defense and experience behind the plate. If he's coming back, I'm very happy!
GO REBELS!!!