Passing Game

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Nutthugger
Water Boy
Water Boy

First, let me say that I believe Ole Miss will lead the SEC in rushing this year. I think Ark has lead the league 7 out of the last 8 years. It's what Coach Nutt does best. It will be nice to be able to run the ball again.

However, with Davis coming and the other RB's the rebels will have, can we really expect Nutt to develop the passing game? I have my doubts because he did not utilize Gus Malzahn (ark's version of Kent Austin). Malzahn coordinated the # 1 offense at tulsa last year.

Also, he did not utilize Mitch Mustain, the #1 QB of Snead's class because he had a 5 star rb in McFadden (Davis is ours). In several interviews Nutt has said he will be calling the plays, not Coach Austin.

Is there any reason to believe Nutt will work on the passing game? Before you call Mustain overrated, he was 8-0 as a starter as a true freshman in the SEC, and he still may win the starting job at usc this year. He impressed Pete Carrol as the scout team qb.

Before you say they had McFadden and Jones, why should they pass? We will have Davis and I think the RB out of San Antonio will be our Felix Jones. It's not being good at one or the other, it's being able to do both that makes a great offense.

I hope coach Nutt will utilize the talent at QB and WR that Ole Miss wil have. I would like to see a balanced offense that can run and pass.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Nutthugger wrote:First, let me say that I believe Ole Miss will lead the SEC in rushing this year. I think Ark has lead the league 7 out of the last 8 years. It's what Coach Nutt does best. It will be nice to be able to run the ball again.

However, with Davis coming and the other RB's the rebels will have, can we really expect Nutt to develop the passing game? I have my doubts because he did not utilize Gus Malzahn (ark's version of Kent Austin). Malzahn coordinated the # 1 offense at tulsa last year.

Also, he did not utilize Mitch Mustain, the #1 QB of Snead's class because he had a 5 star rb in McFadden (Davis is ours). In several interviews Nutt has said he will be calling the plays, not Coach Austin.

Is there any reason to believe Nutt will work on the passing game? Before you call Mustain overrated, he was 8-0 as a starter as a true freshman in the SEC, and he still may win the starting job at usc this year. He impressed Pete Carrol as the scout team qb.

Before you say they had McFadden and Jones, why should they pass? We will have Davis and I think the RB out of San Antonio will be our Felix Jones. It's not being good at one or the other, it's being able to do both that makes a great offense.

I hope coach Nutt will utilize the talent at QB and WR that Ole Miss wil have. I would like to see a balanced offense that can run and pass.
I think Jesus was still alive when this topic first came up.
Some Random Dude
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
Nutthugger wrote:First, let me say that I believe Ole Miss will lead the SEC in rushing this year. I think Ark has lead the league 7 out of the last 8 years. It's what Coach Nutt does best. It will be nice to be able to run the ball again.

I think Jesus was still alive when this topic first came up.
I'm still laughing......

You rocked it!
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

Just to clear up one little thing. JESUS IS STILL ALIVE!!!

Go Rebels.

HOTTY TODDY!!!
Just another day being better than State.
------------------

When I first saw the title of this thread on the front page, and before I ever saw its author, I knew that yet another Arky troll had invaded our board.

Good grief...this is getting old.

:mad2:
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think we should post a note that says:

"All Arkansas Fans: Please Read Before Posting"

That ought to stop them.
------------------

Or...

BAN EM' ALL AND LET GOD SORT 'EM OUT!!!!

kill...kill...kill little piggies...bacon...sausage...he...he...hehehehehe....
:sconf:
done

rebel556677 wrote:Just to clear up one little thing. JESUS IS STILL ALIVE!!!

Go Rebels.

HOTTY TODDY!!!
Amen brother!

And I believe that we will pass more than the naysayers think.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:

Go Rebels.

HOTTY TODDY!!!
Amen brother!

And I believe that we will pass more than the naysayers think.
OK. When Jesus walked the Earth then.
Some Random Dude
cajunrebel

lewindha wrote:I think Jesus was still alive when this topic first came up.
Now that's just funny as hell. . .

To Nuthugger: Are you an Ole Miss fan or an Arky fan in sheeps overalls?
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
hill william
Water Boy
Water Boy

Go Rebels.

HOTTY TODDY!!!
So is Elvis, and I bet he's an Ole Miss fan.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

hill william wrote:

Go Rebels.

HOTTY TODDY!!!
As recently as three years ago Elvis was still said to have season tickets. Sadly, Orgeron might have finally broken him.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

hill william wrote:

Go Rebels.

HOTTY TODDY!!!
Uh-huh... thank you, thank you very much. And, uh... hotty toddy, uh-huh
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.