Davis or Eason?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I will say this. Everything I've read(everywhere) has basically said Davis is the real deal and will be playing.

I know Nutt hasn't said anything about it. But if EVERYBODY seems to think he's a stud, then there's gotta be something to it.
Some Random Dude
mtnrebel
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Either way, we have a stable of RB's again. We have so many "bust options", meaning if one guy doesn't have it--we can just put the next "highly touted" guy in. That could go on for a while before we even get to Dexter (or maybe Marshay on occasion--think of his punt-returning ability). That is nice!

:D

Free Powe!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

A10Rebel wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:who cares? as lkong as we win
I care because I don't want to just win. I want to completely demoralize and dominate. I want someone else to say, "we're going to get steam rolled by their running game, so we need to step it up."

Just winning happens on an off weekend. Dominating happens every other weekend and it's the difference between playing in December and playing in January.
While I agree completely about your theory on the difference b/w domination and winning, and I would love nothing more than to get back to being feared by teams in the SEC, I think you might be a hair premature in suggesting that we have the personnel to do so this coming season. Our coaching is capable of domination, and our talent is capable of having a great game or two and slamming a solid opponent by 30 pts, but we are at least 3 years away from being a consistently dominating football program.

We get 6 wins this year, I win $50 and a slice of my self respect back. If we get 6 wins.... by any margin at all, I'll buy the first round!
L. S. WHO?
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

I love free beer!!!
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

oxpatchreb wrote:
A10Rebel wrote:
I care because I don't want to just win. I want to completely demoralize and dominate. I want someone else to say, "we're going to get steam rolled by their running game, so we need to step it up."

Just winning happens on an off weekend. Dominating happens every other weekend and it's the difference between playing in December and playing in January.
While I agree completely about your theory on the difference b/w domination and winning, and I would love nothing more than to get back to being feared by teams in the SEC, I think you might be a hair premature in suggesting that we have the personnel to do so this coming season. Our coaching is capable of domination, and our talent is capable of having a great game or two and slamming a solid opponent by 30 pts, but we are at least 3 years away from being a consistently dominating football program.

We get 6 wins this year, I win $50 and a slice of my self respect back. If we get 6 wins.... by any margin at all, I'll buy the first round!
I never suggested we'd dominate this season. If we are to ever play in January, it's simply something we need to do and a style of football we have to establish. I'm just not a fan content with the traditional status quo: seven or eight wins and a decent bowl game in December.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

BobReb wrote:I love free beer!!!
Where? Where??
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

oxpatchreb wrote:
A10Rebel wrote:

AJAX after the 6th win, Oxpatch buys.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

dgmcdowe wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:
A10Rebel wrote: I care because I don't want to just win. I want to completely demoralize and dominate. I want someone else to say, "we're going to get steam rolled by their running game, so we need to step it up."

AJAX after the 6th win, Oxpatch buys.
If we get that 6th win on Oct 4th or 18th, I might sell my house and buy the whole *beep* bar! Of course I'd be dead broke, on the bad side of the inlaws with scary Italian heritage, and I'll probably be divorced by the time I got back to LA, so I may be LIVING in the beer cooler.

If it comes on 11/28, it'll probably be a few pitchers of SA and a "boy I'm glad we got that one" type of party.
L. S. WHO?
ARebelForLife21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Give them each time to earn the starting job. Let the one who performs better get the majority of the carries, but still split some time between both of them.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

twlong wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWLgy-nOEh4

davis high school

I enjoyed the link. On several of those runs, there were 8+ defenders stacked up in the box. I hope he has an immediate impact. :D
unclereb
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

This is a good problem to have. :)
done

Play them both....period

Fresh running backs, all game long, what a joy!
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:Play them both....period

Fresh running backs, all game long, what a joy!
Agreed Chuck. We have a stable of backs right now. What with Eason, Davis, Derrick Davis, the kid out of TX (sorry his name escapes me), and the occasional touch by McCluster....in that department we'll be awight.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson