Wednesday practice notes, DJ

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm liking this..

The defense had the upper hand in today’s practice, but that wasn’t enough for Peria Jerry. The senior defensive tackle challenged his teammates to “get on this team” in a PG-13 motivational talk at the end of the day.

“He cares, and that’s what tugs at your heart,” Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt said. “The freshmen are trying too find their locker and wondering when’s the next meal. Those seniors know this is it.”

Jerry was a leader with his performance as well. The defense showed a number of different looks to quarterback Jevan Snead and his offensive teammates, and Jerry was consistently a disruptive force.

Full report here..

http://djrebel.wordpress.com/2008/08/06 ... e-notes-9/
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I really love how deep the D-line is and that Snead can look forward to that kind of pass rush every practice. Welcome to the SEC. Its really going to make a complete QB out of him.

And Peria........YOU GO BOY!!! :thumb: Get on that a#$.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The Rebels with a deep DL? I need to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. We haven't had a dominating defense since Brewer was here. It would be nice to have one this year.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Other than LSU, we have the best DL. Theres no doubt in my mind they will be dominant this year.