No two-a-days?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

badmotorfinger
All American
All American

everything that im reading is saying that the rebels won't be practicing twice daily. Is this just for now? Is ths a CFB trend that's becoming popular or is this a HN thing. Someone please enlighten me.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

badmotorfinger wrote:everything that im reading is saying that the rebels won't be practicing twice daily. Is this just for now? Is ths a CFB trend that's becoming popular or is this a HN thing. Someone please enlighten me.
Nutt has been screaming that ever since his first meeting in the Ford Center...I can't believe that you are just now hearing this. Wake up and drink some of this red and blue Juice we got flowing out of this Col Reb fountain man. :wink: :wink:
Later,
Hagar
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Hagar wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote:everything that im reading is saying that the rebels won't be practicing twice daily. Is this just for now? Is ths a CFB trend that's becoming popular or is this a HN thing. Someone please enlighten me.
Nutt has been screaming that ever since his first meeting in the Ford Center...I can't believe that you are just now hearing this. Wake up and drink some of this red and blue Juice we got flowing out of this Col Reb fountain man. :wink: :wink:
no I totally missed that and I thought I had read everything from the local media since his hire. Where's that fountain at? :oops:
done

badmotorfinger wrote:
Hagar wrote:
no I totally missed that and I thought I had read everything from the local media since his hire. Where's that fountain at? :oops:
Hagar keeps it in his fridge. 8)
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Inside, outside

Nutt has veered away from traditional two-a-day preseason workouts. At Ole Miss, the Rebels are working inside in the mornings, doing some light drills and classroom-type sessions, and practicing outside in the late afternoon.

"With the heat the way it is, especially the humidity here in Oxford, it's a little bit stronger than what I'm accustomed to, a few degrees," he said. "I don't think it does you any good when you've got 10 or 11 players in the hospital with IVs. ... We're going to have a great classroom setting every morning, really correct our mistakes, and get ready for a full, give-me-everything-you-have, don't-hold-anything back practice once a day.

"For the past three or four years, we've done it that way and we've kept people on the field. Here's what's different: Used to be, who's going to pass the conditioning test? Who's worked out all summer? Nowadays, I know who's in shape, who's working out, who's been here."

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 ... hing-powe/
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I kinda like it. The last 4-5 years that I remember, we've had 3-4 guys end up getting I V's and some having to go to the hospital and getting fluids. Like Nutt said, it's better to have them on the field than in the hospital.

I do hope they are in shape, but then again, like Nutt said, he knows who's been working out and who's been on campus doing the work outs. Now days, most stay around campus during the off season working on strength and conditioning. There's really not an 'off season' anymore.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Redbluedude wrote:I kinda like it. The last 4-5 years that I remember, we've had 3-4 guys end up getting I V's and some having to go to the hospital and getting fluids. Like Nutt said, it's better to have them on the field than in the hospital.

I do hope they are in shape, but then again, like Nutt said, he knows who's been working out and who's been on campus doing the work outs. Now days, most stay around campus during the off season working on strength and conditioning. There's really not an 'off season' anymore.
the first day of practice last year we had at least 12 guys sitting in the ER getting IV's...I haven't heard of even one so far this year.
Later,
Hagar
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Hagar wrote:
Redbluedude wrote:I kinda like it. The last 4-5 years that I remember, we've had 3-4 guys end up getting I V's and some having to go to the hospital and getting fluids. Like Nutt said, it's better to have them on the field than in the hospital.

the first day of practice last year we had at least 12 guys sitting in the ER getting IV's...I haven't heard of even one so far this year.
HN noted the humidity was more than what he was used to and i think its been more humid this year than others...is it just me? Anyway, its safer for everyone and its not like the players have extra time on their hands, they spend it looking at film and correcting mistakes.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

The attitude has really changed under Nutt and these players seem to be buying in. hopefully they can back all this talk up and show it on the field.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Just in case you missed it, JP2 died too.