Kent Austin interview

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

How’s Jevan done this week after the four INTs against Vanderbilt?

“Jevan’s done well. You know, Jevan cares so much and he’s competitive that it’s hard for him to let go. Jevan needs to learn to forget and understand that the last play has no bearing on the current play. I think he’s starting to learn that more and more and he’s getting more comfortable. He just needs to continue to work at the things that will make him a good quarterback. It’s not just fundamentals and the physical part of the game, but it’s making sure he studies properly and he understands from a pre-recognition standpoint what he’s looking at offensively.”

Were all the interceptions Jevan’s fault?

“The first pick wasn’t fault. The first pick was the receiver’s fault. It was a horrible, terrible pattern that he ran. That being said, though, he should have adjusted his read to the other side of the field. But when he decided to take the throw into the boundary, we need the guys around him to play better. Look, I played the position too and so did Coach Nutt. We understand uniquely that it’s not always the quarterback’s fault on some of those mistakes that seem so glaring from a fan perspective.”

“You’re not going to win every play. You’re not going to. Jevan just needs to let the game come to him a little bit more and the players around him need to be a little bit crisper as well.”

Does Florida try to out-scheme you or do they just play base?
“They don’t play a whole lot of stuff. They just line up and play. I mean, they run enough to keep you guessing and they’re not going to be vanilla across the board the entire game. That being said, with the athletes they have, they don’t have to do a whole lot.”

Full read here:
http://djrebel.wordpress.com/

Didn't know Nutt had played QB. Explains why he likes to have a running game. 8)