Long timeout finally ends for Ole Miss' DT Powe

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It did not impact the game's outcome in a positive manner, and it didn't make ESPN's top 10 plays.

But Ole Miss fans recognized it as a significant achievement in the career of Jerrell Powe.

The sophomore defensive lineman came through the left guard and reached the Vanderbilt backfield where he dropped Commodores tailback Jared Hawkins for a 2-yard loss in the second quarter of the Rebels' 23-17 loss.

"It felt good. I felt like I was on top of the world," Powe said. "I was ready for the next play, and I was mad when they called time out." full story:

http://www.djournal.com/pages/story.asp ... div=Sports

The Vandy commies were very impressed by that play too, said he looked liked a bowling bowl taking those guys down - they sounded very excited.
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

he's a freshman on the field isn't he? Just curious, I noticed it said sophomre.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
QuackCityRebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

He is listed as a soph, but as I understand it, he has four years to play IF he maintains his academics.
Romp, Stomp & Raise Hell, REBELS!!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

QuackCityRebel wrote:He is listed as a soph, but as I understand it, he has four years to play IF he maintains his academics.
Sounds like he plans on staying....and yes all of the players must maintain their academics to remain eligible.