ESPN Justification??

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Can anyone explain why we get the raycom game and state gets the espn2 game playing at lsu?? They havent beaten them in 8 years and the games have not been remotely close during that timespan.. Lsu has beaten them a combined 295 to 43 over that timeframe.....
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

MageeRebel425 wrote:Can anyone explain why we get the raycom game and state gets the espn2 game playing at lsu?? They havent beaten them in 8 years and the games have not been remotely close during that timespan.. Lsu has beaten them a combined 295 to 43 over that timeframe.....
How many times has MSU been on TV this season? I know this will make two ESPN appearances.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

bigtreydaddy wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:Can anyone explain why we get the raycom game and state gets the espn2 game playing at lsu?? They havent beaten them in 8 years and the games have not been remotely close during that timespan.. Lsu has beaten them a combined 295 to 43 over that timeframe.....
How many times has MSU been on TV this season? I know this will make two ESPN appearances.
Well, to be fair, this will be two totally humiliating appearances. I'd rather not be on TV if we were getting our fannies handed to us. :oops:
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Not that this should matter, but I believe we have played Florida at about this time each of the last 3 meetings. I would be very comfortable with similar outcomes: All games were close OM by 3, OM by 3, UF by 6.

Also, in 2002 OM unranked, UF #6.

This year, OM unranked, UF #4.

We wouldn't be writing history here. Oregon State already took the headlines from anyone else who might try to make history.
done

RebelFIL wrote:Not that this should matter, but I believe we have played Florida at about this time each of the last 3 meetings. I would be very comfortable with similar outcomes: All games were close OM by 3, OM by 3, UF by 6.

Also, in 2002 OM unranked, UF #6.

This year, OM unranked, UF #4.

We wouldn't be writing history here. Oregon State already took the headlines from anyone else who might try to make history.
Those ugly uniform Trojan slayers can have the headlines...I just want a "W"...

And it is official..the entire state of Oregon is the home of the ugliest collective BCS conference team uniforms of any state...