WE CAN BEAT THE BEST

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Jimbo
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Coach Nutt has been saying he needs to get this team to know in their gut that they CAN win. I was so afraid I was watching the Wake Ending all over again, But Hell, NO! Way to go Rebels. We Can beat anybody.
Hurricane Ike knocked out my power for 13 days, but I got it back in time to watch this on ESPN GamePlan. Holly Hotty Toddy's. Thanks for helping heal my hurrican blues. Go To Hell LSU
RUE
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Jimbo wrote:Coach Nutt has been saying he needs to get this team to know in their gut that they CAN win. I was so afraid I was watching the Wake Ending all over again, But Hell, NO! Way to go Rebels. We Can beat anybody.
Hurricane Ike knocked out my power for 13 days, but I got it back in time to watch this on ESPN GamePlan. Holly Hotty Toddy's. Thanks for helping heal my hurrican blues. Go To Hell LSU
Welcome back Jimbo, I thought I was going to throw up, I could see it slipping away!!!

Oh yeah, I agree Go to Hell LSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Randy
Goroth

I still dont know why they didnt take a chance at a 48 yard FG to win it. Shows what they thought of our defense. All I can say is...STUFFED!.
reb1072
Water Boy
Water Boy

I was starting to get worried. I could see the game slipping away and then. I think overall we played a pretty good game. Our defense made some plays that help seal this victory. We too go Rebels.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Goroth wrote:I still dont know why they didnt take a chance at a 48 yard FG to win it. Shows what they thought of our defense. All I can say is...STUFFED!.
The commentators were saying earlier that his longest field goal to date was only 41 and that one would have been at least 48...I can understand it. Wake is the only guy who has a kicker like that, and maybe Josh Sheen.
Later,
Hagar
Goroth

Hagar wrote:
Goroth wrote:I still dont know why they didnt take a chance at a 48 yard FG to win it. Shows what they thought of our defense. All I can say is...STUFFED!.
The commentators were saying earlier that his longest field goal to date was only 41 and that one would have been at least 48...I can understand it. Wake is the only guy who has a kicker like that, and maybe Josh Sheen.
Regardless he is going to take a beating for not trying it. At least a few people im sure will be mighty upset. 41 being hes longest or not. If you cant kick it at least 48 yards you dont play in florida.
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

They didn't respect out defense at any point in this game. They thought they would get that first down easily, but for the first time in a long while, the defense stepped up and did not fold. I'm really proud of the team and the effort today. Even with all the mistakes, we found a way to win this game. When we learn to eliminate mistakes, we could be a very good team.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Think the D just looked at each other and said, ' NOT TODAY." Now they know what it feels like to beat a quality SEC team - ON THE ROAD!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HFT
POPSREB
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Hats off to th defense!!!!! Although Stan Sandroni did say at the last, "The defense is pretty tired", but I am glas they had one more stand. Great job to all.

Maybe we have founf a way to win

Hoddy toddy!
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

is popsreb drunk?
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

ekmjr1 wrote:They didn't respect out defense at any point in this game. They thought they would get that first down easily, but for the first time in a long while, the defense stepped up and did not fold. I'm really proud of the team and the effort today. Even with all the mistakes, we found a way to win this game. When we learn to eliminate mistakes, we could be a very good team.
I'm with you 100% the defense stepped up the plate tonight. One thing I noticed that I absolutely loved and really have not seen this year was the D Line be so aggressive and penetrate the pocket. I love having a healthy Hardy and Jerry back. Laurent also played well. If our D line can preform like this the rest of the year it wont be our last upset.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

maroby001 wrote:
ekmjr1 wrote:They didn't respect out defense at any point in this game. They thought they would get that first down easily, but for the first time in a long while, the defense stepped up and did not fold. I'm really proud of the team and the effort today. Even with all the mistakes, we found a way to win this game. When we learn to eliminate mistakes, we could be a very good team.
I'm with you 100% the defense stepped up the plate tonight. One thing I noticed that I absolutely loved and really have not seen this year was the D Line be so aggressive and penetrate the pocket. I love having a healthy Hardy and Jerry back. Laurent also played well. If our D line can preform like this the rest of the year it wont be our last upset.
you said it. The D-line is the start of a good D. The D-line dominated.
Rule #1.......Don't panik