bowl game

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Rebchuck18 wrote:Look I was at the Vandy game with Parrot, one of his buddies and my 15 year old son....speaking for the "around" 50 year olds (me) and the "around" 40 year olds (Parrot), I will challenge you to have found anyone in that stadium screaming louder than us....there was a lady pulling for Vandy sitting behind us and she needed some earplugs and Tylenol by halftime....

And we were actually watching the game instead of seeing how much booze we could drink and yelling "The South Will Rise Again" 8)
Can I get an AMEN!
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

I was amazed that on many third down plays I was the ONLY person within 10 people standing up and screaming for us to make it.....I just don't get it.....

Also, my group in the Grove dawdled around an hour before kickoff, and I was like "What are you DOING? Get your butts in the stadium!"

As others have said, the Grove should be a lot emptier at game time except for those who are keeping an eye on their respective tents. Social hour can be after the game and before...not during. Well, except if you sneak a little something into the game...then it can be during.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

parrotreb wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:Look I was at the Vandy game with Parrot, one of his buddies and my 15 year old son....speaking for the "around" 50 year olds (me) and the "around" 40 year olds (Parrot), I will challenge you to have found anyone in that stadium screaming louder than us....there was a lady pulling for Vandy sitting behind us and she needed some earplugs and Tylenol by halftime....

And we were actually watching the game instead of seeing how much booze we could drink and yelling "The South Will Rise Again" 8)
Can I get an AMEN!
When I even hear a reference to TSWRA, it makes my skin crawl. Talk about the all time DUMBEST things our fans/students could do to draw attention to our school.... UGH!!!!!
L. S. WHO?
Tcounty
Scout Team
Scout Team

What about the rest of the people around you?
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Tcounty wrote:

90% made plenty of noise including the kind that gets bleeped on here. They do every game. I'll take a 90-10 ratio.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
done

parrotreb wrote:
Tcounty wrote:

90% made plenty of noise including the kind that gets bleeped on here. They do every game. I'll take a 90-10 ratio.
Not only were they all making noise, it was full gut, visceral noise as if they were ready to go to battle...
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

While we're on the subject of the crowds, got a couple gripes.

1. As I said before, we should be selling a homecoming game against an SEC opponent out every single time. Nuff said there.

2. Make some noise on 3rd down, as has been said repeatedly in this thread.

3. When our offense in on the field...SHUT UP! It's not a hard concept. When we were playing Vandy there was a critical 3rd down near the end of the game. We had to have the conversion. Rebs were driving toward the south endzone at about the 15 or 10? Can't remember where. So instead of letting Snead bark signals and snap count, our students (and others) start to yell and scream like it's the end of the world. How ignorant can you be? You do that when the opponent has the ball. Did the liquor confuse them? I don't know, but it was really irritating those of us in section A in our little group. Fortunately we converted. Now that I think of it, that might have been the play when Dex fumbled into the endzone...probably not.

VHS can be VERY loud with just a few fans, especially in the south endzone (which I tend to describe as a cave). I never forget when Auburn came to Oxford and Jason Campbell had to take 2 timeouts back to back and then had a delay of game all directly related to the noise.

I think we need to have a lesson on appropriate noise at appropriate times for our fans. BTW, I'm not lumping all the students in together, I know some of them understand to yell against the opponent and be quiet when we're driving, but that's where I've noticed most of the problem is coming from. Probably because I sit down there close to that section.
GO REBELS!!!
done

oxfordrebel wrote:While we're on the subject of the crowds, got a couple gripes.

1. As I said before, we should be selling a homecoming game against an SEC opponent out every single time. Nuff said there.

2. Make some noise on 3rd down, as has been said repeatedly in this thread.

3. When our offense in on the field...SHUT UP! It's not a hard concept. When we were playing Vandy there was a critical 3rd down near the end of the game. We had to have the conversion. Rebs were driving toward the south endzone at about the 15 or 10? Can't remember where. So instead of letting Snead bark signals and snap count, our students (and others) start to yell and scream like it's the end of the world. How ignorant can you be? You do that when the opponent has the ball. Did the liquor confuse them? I don't know, but it was really irritating those of us in section A in our little group. Fortunately we converted. Now that I think of it, that might have been the play when Dex fumbled into the endzone...probably not.

VHS can be VERY loud with just a few fans, especially in the south endzone (which I tend to describe as a cave). I never forget when Auburn came to Oxford and Jason Campbell had to take 2 timeouts back to back and then had a delay of game all directly related to the noise.

I think we need to have a lesson on appropriate noise at appropriate times for our fans. BTW, I'm not lumping all the students in together, I know some of them understand to yell against the opponent and be quiet when we're driving, but that's where I've noticed most of the problem is coming from. Probably because I sit down there close to that section.
Alcohol will inhibit such an effort....