Keeping the faith

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

'Nutt says overcoming the losing mentality has been more difficult than he imagined it would be.

Cook, however, doesn’t believe this is a team that’s about to lose faith in itself, largely because of Nutt’s motivational skills.

Here’s Cook:
“It starts with the way he treats us. He treats us like men, which is different from the way we’ve been treated before. When you treat somebody the right way and genuinely care about them it’s not hard to get guys motivated to play for you.

Every team in America gets down a little bit when there’s a spot in the game when something doesn’t go right. There are a lot of young guys on the team, now is that the reason, I don’t think so. We definitely have a lot of growing to do where that is concerned, but I’ll tell you it’s completely different from what it has been in the past.

He looks to the leadership, to us, the seniors and starters, to be the catalyst for a response to keep the guys up. That’s tough. We’re like ‘Oh crap,’ too, but as great a coach as he is, he’s just one man. He can only do so much. That’s where it falls on our shoulders.”

http://djrebel.wordpress.com/
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

You gotta love Jason Cook.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

When things go wrong I hope these young men take their shoes off and put the boots on that kick "number 2".