Road to ATL

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

There is a road map to ATL for Ole Miss...

First off we got to run the table in the SEC and get some serious help.

Alabama would need to lose to us, LSU and Auburn, which could happen.

LSU would need to lose to Georgia Alabama and us, which could happen.

Auburn would need to lose to us and Georgia, which could happen.

We hold the keys to our future but we do need a lot of help.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Everybody knows I am about as Optimistic as one can get.

But dude, I have to have some of what you are drinking! :lol:
Randy
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeloke wrote:There is a road map to ATL for Ole Miss...

First off we got to run the table in the SEC and get some serious help.

Alabama would need to lose to us, LSU and Auburn, which could happen.

LSU would need to lose to Georgia Alabama and us, which could happen.

Auburn would need to lose to us and Georgia, which could happen.

We hold the keys to our future but we do need a lot of help.
Given the way we've played this year(up and down) I can't subscribe to this.

If the guys can string together some COMPLETE games, this is a real possibility. I just don't see it happening.
Some Random Dude
done

rebeloke wrote: First off we got to run the table in the SEC and get some serious help.
No offense but I think you need some serious help...unless you are thinking the road to Atlanta means the road to the Chik Fil A Bowl which could still happen with a run of victories.

But hey, I love your spunk! 8)
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebeloke wrote: First off we got to run the table in the SEC and get some serious help.
No offense but I think you need some serious help...unless you are thinking the road to Atlanta means the road to the Chik Fil A Bowl which could still happen with a run of victories.

But hey, I love your spunk! 8)
I agree. Delusional but admirable.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I haven't poured through your proposal, but if all of those events have to occur, then it won't work. If all events occur, you have Bama losing to LSU and LSU losing to Bama. We would all love to see 2 teams simultaneously lose to each other in the same game, but it can't happen.

However, you may have intended that we need either Bama to fall apart or LSU to fall apart.

Our chances are actually better than what you describe.

We have lost 2 SEC east games. All we have to do is win out and have LSU and Bama lose 1 other SEC game each. That would give everyone in the West at least 2 SEC losses, with us being undefeated in the West. That gets us there without a whole lot of "help" from others. I see LSU losing to Florida this week, so that's their 1 other loss. Bama could lose to LSU or Auburn. Bama looks to be in the best position for Atlanta.

First step, beat Bama next week.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think we have to get the car on the road first, then keep it on the road with no detours off the side of the cliff. Seems to me that this the hardest part of our current journey. I hate those detours....
:x
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

For the record, I am only suggesting that it is still possible. Also for the record I do not think it is probable. And one last thing, if we can go down and beat Florida on their own field when they are ranked #4 in the country, I really do not see much difference in beating Bama at home, an over-rated #2 in the country. They barely beat UK at home. If we play like we are capable and the other guys do not play 100% we can beat anybody, FL proved that. Now if we knock off Bama at home, why not just go ahead and win out? Surely our toughest game is against Bama. I mean Auburn and State hung a few points on LSU didn't they? Why can't we? So I would say this next game is the toughest game for the remainder of the year. If we win it then who knows?
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeloke wrote:For the record, I am only suggesting that it is still possible. Also for the record I do not think it is probable. And one last thing, if we can go down and beat Florida on their own field when they are ranked #4 in the country, I really do not see much difference in beating Bama at home, an over-rated #2 in the country. They barely beat UK at home. If we play like we are capable and the other guys do not play 100% we can beat anybody, FL proved that. Now if we knock off Bama at home, why not just go ahead and win out? Surely our toughest game is against Bama. I mean Auburn and State hung a few points on LSU didn't they? Why can't we? So I would say this next game is the toughest game for the remainder of the year. If we win it then who knows?
I would agree with that. Just based on the flashes we've seen, I believe we can beat anybody on our schedule. We just can't seem to get it together and that doesn't make me confident about any remaining game except ULM.
Some Random Dude
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

lewindha wrote:
rebeloke wrote:For the record, I am only suggesting that it is still possible. Also for the record I do not think it is probable. And one last thing, if we can go down and beat Florida on their own field when they are ranked #4 in the country, I really do not see much difference in beating Bama at home, an over-rated #2 in the country. They barely beat UK at home. If we play like we are capable and the other guys do not play 100% we can beat anybody, FL proved that. Now if we knock off Bama at home, why not just go ahead and win out? Surely our toughest game is against Bama. I mean Auburn and State hung a few points on LSU didn't they? Why can't we? So I would say this next game is the toughest game for the remainder of the year. If we win it then who knows?
I would agree with that. Just based on the flashes we've seen, I believe we can beat anybody on our schedule. We just can't seem to get it together and that doesn't make me confident about any remaining game except ULM.
We very well could be undefeated, therefore, if we were, then how confident would you be? Me no more or no less than I am right this minute. We have the same team suiting up no matter what the record is but what we know is that an undefeated or a 3 loss Rebel unit is one with a road victory over a top five team. That makes us dangerous. Now truly I think we might be even more dangerous than if we were undefeated because it is hard to believe that we are really all that when we have lost to Vandy, no body is buying into Vandy or Wake for that matter, and no one thinks that SC is all that good. Bama has to be believing that we are not going to hang. Look at how that got them in trouble with UK and we will probably get the same type of lack of respect performance against them at home as UK did. If so we are in that game for sure. If we knock them off then who knows?
unclereb
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Atl is out, barring a miracle. A decent bowl is still within reach though *IF* the Rebs can come togeather.
And most importantly, hang on to the ball in the red zone. Thats a must. :(
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

unclereb wrote:Atl is out, barring a miracle. A decent bowl is still within reach though *IF* the Rebs can come togeather.
And most importantly, hang on to the ball in the red zone. Thats a must. :(
I would not call beating Bama a miracle, we have already beat FL at FL. Now granted Bama will probably be #1 by that time but I am not sure that does not work for us because Bama will have an even bigger head and more presser than ever to win that game. It is a trap game for them.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

If we make a bowl game this year then I'll mark it down as a successful year. Most successful year in the past 5 for that matter. Heck, I'll even celebrate a trip to Shreveport!
GO REBELS!!!
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I honestly believe we are better than every team remaining on our schedule, save Bama. We will have to find out about Bama this week.

That said, I think Florida is better than us. However, we did beat them down. We even made more mistakes than they did.

This is a very good football team, if we can erase some of the turnovers.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

RebelFIL wrote:I honestly believe we are better than every team remaining on our schedule, save Bama. We will have to find out about Bama this week.

That said, I think Florida is better than us. However, we did beat them down. We even made more mistakes than they did.

This is a very good football team, if we can erase some of the turnovers.
true dat