Besides saturday......

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

olemissreb_30
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

When was the last time we beat Auburn in Oxford??
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

1998? guessing here :?
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

1992 under Brewer, 1st game of the year.
Randy
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

1992. Joe Lee Dunn's defense had Auburn confused all night long. Cassius Ware had the 90 yard interception for a TD and the Rebs won 45-21.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
------------------

THAT was an incredible game to behold. I was a student...back when the student section was somewhere in the area of Sections L, M & N. The score was 21-14 and Auburn was inside our 10 yd. line. Ware picked up that turnover right in front of us...I thought I was going to pass out from screaming. That score broke the game wide open for the Rebels.

Those Joe Lee Dun defenses sure were my favorite...a lot of fun to watch.
olemissreb_30
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

thanks yall
Scout Team
Scout Team

Redbluedude wrote:1992. Joe Lee Dunn's defense had Auburn confused all night long. Cassius Ware had the 90 yard interception for a TD and the Rebs won 45-21.
WOW that takes me back I believe that game was first part of Sept. cause me and my friend went for his birthday. I was in the south endzone back when it was still metal bleachers. Was only 15 at the time but I sure remember that fumble return like it was yesterday. I could of sworn there used to be some sort of rule where you couldnt return a fumble on defense if it was past the line of scrimmage or something like that because I remember thinking I hope they let it stand that he took it back the whole way. Like I said though I was 15 at the time so it is a bit couldy if that was ever a rule.
jeffssportsblog.wordpress.com
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

rebeldevotee wrote:
Redbluedude wrote:1992. Joe Lee Dunn's defense had Auburn confused all night long. Cassius Ware had the 90 yard interception for a TD and the Rebs won 45-21.
WOW that takes me back I believe that game was first part of Sept. cause me and my friend went for his birthday. I was in the south endzone back when it was still metal bleachers. Was only 15 at the time but I sure remember that fumble return like it was yesterday. I could of sworn there used to be some sort of rule where you couldnt return a fumble on defense if it was past the line of scrimmage or something like that because I remember thinking I hope they let it stand that he took it back the whole way. Like I said though I was 15 at the time so it is a bit couldy if that was ever a rule.
It was actually ruled an interception. Go to Youtube and there is a video of top plays of the '90's and it is one of them.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rewalters wrote:1992 under Brewer, 1st game of the year.
Wasn't that our first night game, or is my memory really getting bad?
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
------------------

Our first night game was the Memphis game 2 years earlier in 1990.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

rebeljim wrote:
I think our first night game in the Vaught was in 1990 against Memphis (St.) back then.

And we went several years without losing a game at night in Oxford.
----Calkins
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Redbluedude wrote:
rebeljim wrote:
I think our first night game in the Vaught was in 1990 against Memphis (St.) back then.

And we went several years without losing a game at night in Oxford.
I remember that because before the lights were put in VH the campus group that called themselves "the Gulf Coast Savages" used to write letters to the editors in the DM that they were going to hold "Roxanne Boulder" (an imaginary write in candidate for Miss Ole Miss, who was actually a large Rock), hostage and threatened to shoot out the lights in VH with Sawed Off Baseball Bats if their demands were not meet.

I used to get a big kick out of those letters to the editor.
Later,
Hagar