Rebels feel it, ESPN

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

On paper, the Louisiana-Monroe game this weekend may not look like a big deal for Ole Miss.

A win (will) be a huge deal for the Rebels' program.

Ole Miss (5-4) can become bowl eligible with a win, assuring that the Rebels would lock up a spot somewhere in the postseason. The Chick-fil-A and Music City bowls are their most likely destinations.

Of course, when you haven't been to a bowl game in five years, nobody is being picky.

"It's hard to put into words," said first-year Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt, talking about the importance of playing in a bowl game. "It's hard for me to believe that not one of our guys, if you were to put them all in a meeting room, not one of them can raise their hand and say, 'I've received gifts. I've had the experience of bowl week at such and such a place.'

"They can't do that. It's just big. That's why we've had such good practices the last two weeks. They smell it. They feel it. They know they're close, but they also know you have to execute. You've got to play football. You've got to be a smart team."

More...
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/sec/0-2-103/ ... -2003.html

Ok, Rebs - this Saturday - Sixth win. Nail It!

:x
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

And from what I have gathered in conversations with numerous people, thousands of fans disguised as empty seats will be on hand to witness the 6th win.

I will be in Oxford.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

parrotreb wrote:And from what I have gathered in conversations with numerous people, thousands of fans disguised as empty seats will be on hand to witness the 6th win.

I will be in Oxford.
We need cardboard cutouts to fill the empty seats or something.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

parrotreb wrote:And from what I have gathered in conversations with numerous people, thousands of fans disguised as empty seats will be on hand to witness the 6th win.

I will be in Oxford.
They were giving away free tickets on 56 whbq here in Memphis today. All u had to do was call and u could get up to 4. I knew then it was going to be a small crowd.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Its so sad. What gives? We never had crowds this bad under Tubbs and Cut did we? I know we didn't sell out for all games but I don't remember it being this bad.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

Chucky_38 wrote:Its so sad. What gives? We never had crowds this bad under Tubbs and Cut did we? I know we didn't sell out for all games but I don't remember it being this bad.
Dang, Chucky, where have ya been the last several years? This program has around 35k core fans with friends and family tagging along we get into the mid 40's. With the SEC visitors we get into the 50-55's depending on the opponent. With the economy the way it is, it is amazing we can achieve those results. If we get winning again on a consistent basis, add around 10k and we are back to Eli days.
Contrary to popular belief, Tennessee has a lot of empty seats. They are giving away free tickets too.
All you have to do is win and we will be bowling in the North endzone

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
deadheadrebel
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I'll be there filling in a seat :)
Hotty Toddy!
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

RebelBond wrote:

All you have to do is win and we will be bowling in the North endzone

How may wins will it take??????

My four seats will be filled with people this Saturday!!!!

GO REBS....Keep it going!!!!! HOTTY TODDY
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

wish I could be there, but, really, we are gonna beat the brains outta these guys, right?

That said, we, myself included, need to ensure that the stadium is filled.

It sickens me to know that in the SEC, at Ole Miss, there is not enough of a draw to games at the Vaught.

Take for example, Tennesee.

They have a coach that will promptly step down after the season is over. It might appear that the coaching vacancy is now within question-food for fodder, at best.

They still put on their Orange, go to that hole that they call Neyland, and cheer their beloved Vols-regardless.

I guess I wish that we-myself included- could fill up 60,000 plus for ANY game if they can do that.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

OMNOB wrote:wish I could be there, but, really, we are gonna beat the brains outta these guys, right?

That said, we, myself included, need to ensure that the stadium is filled.

It sickens me to know that in the SEC, at Ole Miss, there is not enough of a draw to games at the Vaught.

Take for example, Tennesee.

They have a coach that will promptly step down after the season is over. It might appear that the coaching vacancy is now within question-food for fodder, at best.

They still put on their Orange, go to that hole that they call Neyland, and cheer their beloved Vols-regardless.

I guess I wish that we-myself included- could fill up 60,000 plus for ANY game if they can do that.
The Vol faithful are not going to the games like they used to. The ticket is now an easy one to get and a lot cheaper than it used to be.
I have lots of friends in Memphis that went to every home game but not this year. I know people in Knoxville that have quit going to the games.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson