Game preparation

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

done

One of the knocks against Coach Nutt has been that he will beat teams he is NOT supposed to beat and then lose to inferior teams. I have watched the Egg Bowl twice now. I have been a Rebel fan over a span of years that includes five different decades (60's through now) and I do not know if I have EVER seen a Rebel team more well prepared to put a butt whoopin on a team they should beat than in that game.[/b]
Last edited by done on Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:One of the knocks against Coach Nutt has been that he will beat teams he is supposed to beat and then lose to inferior teams. I have watched the Egg Bowl twice now. I have been a Rebel fan over a span of years that includes five different decades (60's through now) and I do not know if I have EVER seen a Rebel team more well prepared to put a butt whoopin on a team they should beat than in that game.
Junior Brown couldn't have played it any better...
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

felicianareb wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:One of the knocks against Coach Nutt has been that he will beat teams he is supposed to beat and then lose to inferior teams. I have watched the Egg Bowl twice now. I have been a Rebel fan over a span of years that includes five different decades (60's through now) and I do not know if I have EVER seen a Rebel team more well prepared to put a butt whoopin on a team they should beat than in that game.
Junior Brown couldn't have played it any better...
Man I don't know if the whole team could have played better. It was seriously like we were playing a high school team out there. I am only 28 and it for me has been the best performance I have seen this far as a Rebel fan. Teams better look out for us next year, we may actually contend to end up in Atlanta at the end. Oh well we have all year to look forward to that, just bring on the Cotton Bowl!!!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
------------------

In all my years of following Ole Miss football, never have I seen us give another SEC team the absolute merciless thrashing we gave MSU last Friday.

It was truly a thing of beauty. It made me want to weep like a little girl.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Yeah I have never seen us destroy a team like that. We dismantled them. I loved every second of it. I hope Nutt continues to own the necks.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
fis
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I have watched Nutt for a decade. Here's how that works. Yes, over the course of 2 or 3 years he will lose a game he's favored in. But, at Ark he won far more than he should have when you consider programs resources and recruiting bases. He should rarely have beat LSu, Bama, and Auburn and maybe split with Ole Miss but he did alot better. If Vanderbilt could beat Ark, then ark can go upset auburn and /or bama in the same year to make up for it. I think he lost 3 games that theoretically on paper we should have won in 10 years.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sasquatch wrote:In all my years of following Ole Miss football, never have I seen us give another SEC team the absolute merciless thrashing we gave MSU last Friday.

It was truly a thing of beauty. It made me want to weep like a little girl.
I used to be a little girl and we do not 'weep'. We cry. Then we make you pay for each and every tear.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

fis wrote:
I have watched Nutt for a decade. Here's how that works. Yes, over the course of 2 or 3 years he will lose a game he's favored in. But, at Ark he won far more than he should have when you consider programs resources and recruiting bases. He should rarely have beat LSu, Bama, and Auburn and maybe split with Ole Miss but he did alot better. If Vanderbilt could beat Ark, then ark can go upset auburn and /or bama in the same year to make up for it. I think he lost 3 games that theoretically on paper we should have won in 10 years.
I think it is the combo of Nutt and Austin. K A is a positive thinker. He will make you believe you can destroy the other team. Look at his record his first and only year as HC in the CFL. His team lost several games, but came together towards the end and won it all...as in the best in the league. Same situation here...except no play off. Imagine STARTING the year with such a mentality.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

We went with my nephew, a State fan, and he was *beep* by the time we were 2 minutes into play. Poor guy. We all tried to warn him...
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
Planodoc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Tennessee came into Jackson , Ms one November day ranked #1 in the Nation and had an 8-0 record.

Archie Manning led us down the field on long drives that were a crushing thing of beauty. Steve Kiner an ALL American Linebacker had asked earlier in the week " Archie Who?"

Game Ended Ole Miss 38 Tennessee 0

Now that's a Whopping!!

Doc
done

I meant to say the knock against him was that he will beat teams he is NOT supposed to beat and then lose to inferior teams.