TT what a bunch of punk losers

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

TTUbound
Water Boy
Water Boy

rrlynch wrote:http://texastech.scout.com

Check out their forums. If you'll go back a few weeks, all they did was talk garbage about Ole Miss, Mississippians, Rebel fans in general, etc but now that we're talking some victory smack they're telling us that we're being classless.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
From the few rebel fans that I know and what I've seen forum wise y'all have been pretty d*** classy. I mean there's a few out there that go off but you kinda would expect it from any team, especially one that got talked down like y'all did and then embarassed us.
I had a rebel fan yesterday pat me on the back and say "Hey, good season right? Perk up there's always next year." It's always nice to know there's fans out there like that.
Tech definately isn't classy though, that's for sure :(, but we ain't all bad.
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

TTUbound wrote:

Check out their forums. If you'll go back a few weeks, all they did was talk garbage about Ole Miss, Mississippians, Rebel fans in general, etc but now that we're talking some victory smack they're telling us that we're being classless.

From the few rebel fans that I know and what I've seen forum wise y'all have been pretty d*** classy. I mean there's a few out there that go off but you kinda would expect it from any team, especially one that got talked down like y'all did and then embarassed us.
I had a rebel fan yesterday pat me on the back and say "Hey, good season right? Perk up there's always next year." It's always nice to know there's fans out there like that.
I understand. There are always a few bad apples. I actually am originally from Dallas but my immediate family moved to the Jackson, MS area when I was in first grade. My Mom's side of the family has lived in Dallas for a few generations and my Dad's side of the family all live in the Fort Worth area. I am, in fact, related to a few Red Raiders (a couple of cousins, an aunt, and an uncle) so I don't have anything against Tech or Texas in general.

I just don't like the attitude I see on that board I linked. Like I said, don't dog somebody if you're going to get your feelings hurt when they dog you back.
TTUbound
Water Boy
Water Boy

rrlynch wrote:
TTUbound wrote:

I understand. There are always a few bad apples. I actually am originally from Dallas but my immediate family moved to the Jackson, MS area when I was in first grade. My Mom's side of the family has lived in Dallas for a few generations and my Dad's side of the family all live in the Fort Worth area. I am, in fact, related to a few Red Raiders (a couple of cousins, an aunt, and an uncle) so I don't have anything against Tech or Texas in general.

I just don't like the attitude I see on that board I linked. Like I said, don't dog somebody if you're going to get your feelings hurt when they dog you back.
yup i agree 100%
when I throw out trash it's usually to my UT or OU friends and it's all in good fun and I fully expect it back haha
Showtime
Water Boy
Water Boy

I could have called this. I'm personally a Florida fan, and what I saw when [you guys] Ole Miss came to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in that humidity, forced our offense into those turnovers and beat us up all day, was a very good football team.

Houston Nutt has this team so disciplined, and the future is looking excellent for the Rebels.

I really liked the schemes you guys used throughout the game, really through Harrell off guard.

It's a shame Alabama and South Carolina lost. Hopefully my Gators can make the SEC 6-2 in bowl play.

Congrats on the victory.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rrlynch wrote:
BeeeDeee wrote:Agreed. They were even worse in person. Stadium began to empty early in the 4th. Very poor sports. And to think, they didn't wanna play lowly little Ole Miss.
BD, I'm serious, I want a detailed post whenever you get the time. Let us know how pitiful these fans were. It'd make us all smile and you know it.
I told the arrogant fans around us that they should hold their heads up, because they really are one of the top three teams in the Big Twelve.
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

rebelliousb wrote:
rrlynch wrote:
BeeeDeee wrote:Agreed. They were even worse in person. Stadium began to empty early in the 4th. Very poor sports. And to think, they didn't wanna play lowly little Ole Miss.
BD, I'm serious, I want a detailed post whenever you get the time. Let us know how pitiful these fans were. It'd make us all smile and you know it.
I told the arrogant fans around us that they should hold their heads up, because they really are one of the top three teams in the Big Twelve.
Hehe. I'm gonna submit that to Webster's as the new definition of "Backhanded complement".
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Almost every tech fan that we met were nice and within reason. There are always a few, but we each had some friendly trash talking. With anything they said to us, they took our insults back with stride and a laugh.

We loved screaming "POWER-RANGERS!" and placing our "guns up" hand in the shape of an "L" on our foreheads.

Whenever they became desperate to keep the momentum up, one of them always said "That's another Red Raider-FIRST DOWN!", So we would reply, "That's another Red Raider...oh, punt."

We had our moments, but I'd play the tech fans over the corn dogs any day of the year. The PLAYERS, on the otherhand, were CRAP.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

We had good friendly conversations with the T-tech fans to and from the stadium.

There were some of our fans in line behind us for the shuttle buses after the game that were talking a lot of trash. Some of the stuff they would say was pretty funny but just got annoying when they kept on.

Every team has some no-class fans.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

The Tech fans aroun me were extremely arrogant. One said before the game even started that it would be "out of reach by halftime". After they went up 14-0, they said they would score 2 TDs each quarter. When halftime came they didn't have much to say.

When Tech scored that last touchdown with less than 2 minutes left, the SEC chant was going pretty strong in our section (104). A guy two rows down was yelling "sucks" everytime we yelled SEC. I politely informed him that his team had just gotten beat by an SEC team. The woman beside turns around to me and says what are y'all ranked, 25th? I said it doesn't matter we just beat you. She says well we're 7th. So I politely informe her they wouldn't be 7th for long. Then she tells me to wait until the game is over to say anything. Funny thing...she was gone before the game was over.
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm sure there are jerks everywhere, and I hope that most of the Tech fans don't take this wrong - but the Tech fans I ran into, what I read, what I saw on TV - they were just extremely arrogant. Maybe this is a lesson learned, and next go round they won't act this way.

We need to watch and make sure we don't do the same thing, I don't want to have to pull the 2X4 out of my eye just so I can see the splinter in theirs.

Did they not remember we have beaten them twice in recent history? I know we beat them either before or after Oklahoma. Those were my first two bowl games, and I remember them well.

Other than the occasional USC, or Miami, Notre Dame etc. The SEC really has to get a bad matchup to lose in a bowl game, our conference is very strong, and the South has too much talent to lose a bowl game - now I will say that I am scratching my head over Utah - I want to see how many out of state kids they have on that team. ;) There's some funny recruiting going on there - didn't they get in trouble recently?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RushB wrote:I'm sure there are jerks everywhere, and I hope that most of the Tech fans don't take this wrong - but the Tech fans I ran into, what I read, what I saw on TV - they were just extremely arrogant. Maybe this is a lesson learned, and next go round they won't act this way.

We need to watch and make sure we don't do the same thing, I don't want to have to pull the 2X4 out of my eye just so I can see the splinter in theirs.

Did they not remember we have beaten them twice in recent history? I know we beat them either before or after Oklahoma. Those were my first two bowl games, and I remember them well.

Other than the occasional USC, or Miami, Notre Dame etc. The SEC really has to get a bad matchup to lose in a bowl game, our conference is very strong, and the South has too much talent to lose a bowl game - now I will say that I am scratching my head over Utah - I want to see how many out of state kids they have on that team. ;) There's some funny recruiting going on there - didn't they get in trouble recently?
thought Switzer (sp?) summed it up well - " Alabama wants to play in the NC game, Utah wants to play in the Sugar Bowl." UT beat them everyway possible. AL was an embarrassment to the SEC, proving once again that buying into the bobble-heads' hype just makes you a fool. Thanks, ESPN.
jajones5
Water Boy
Water Boy

I used to pull for Tech during the regular season. I was a little skiddish about playing one of the best passing offenses in the country especially since our secondary has without a doubt been our downfall this season.

After seeing the fans from Tech at the Cotton Bowl, I was not surprised that a buddy of mine from Dallas kept calling them "classless clowns." I heard nothing but insults from 40 to 50 year old men in Red Raider jerseys and blue jean shorts. One guy walked up behind me on the way to the game and pulled the whole "don't be leaving at the end of the third quarter" crap. Some Tech fans got into a fight in my section about halfway through the third quarter.

They weren't all bad though. While in line for the concession stand, I had an interesting talk with some Tech fans about how intelligent/insane Leach was, and how well Houston Nutt had turned out program around. I actually liked those guys.

But overall the week in Dallas left a bad taste in my mouth with regards to Texas Tech. They are pretty much the Mississippi State of Texas.
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I had several bad memories of Tech fans at the Independence Bowl too. I like BeeDee had a mouth sitting next to me that seemed to disappear at half time of that game.

In conjunction, the Oklahoma State fans at the 2003 Cotton Bowl were some of the best opposition fans that I have EVER been around. There was excellent discussion before the game (even though they thought we didn't have a chance, they weren't rude) and they didn't act like spoiled children after the game. They definitely upgraded when they changed coaches. Make fun of him all you want, he took up for his players when the local press was out of line, and I'd be willing to bet you those kids will follow him anywhere.
I'm still dumbfounded by "If there had been 5 more minutes we would have won that game", what an idiotic statement made by a coach when the opposition took a knee at the 5 to end the game.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

jajones5 wrote:I used to pull for Tech during the regular season. I was a little skiddish about playing one of the best passing offenses in the country especially since our secondary has without a doubt been our downfall this season.

After seeing the fans from Tech at the Cotton Bowl, I was not surprised that a buddy of mine from Dallas kept calling them "classless clowns." I heard nothing but insults from 40 to 50 year old men in Red Raider jerseys and blue jean shorts. One guy walked up behind me on the way to the game and pulled the whole "don't be leaving at the end of the third quarter" crap. Some Tech fans got into a fight in my section about halfway through the third quarter.

They weren't all bad though. While in line for the concession stand, I had an interesting talk with some Tech fans about how intelligent/insane Leach was, and how well Houston Nutt had turned out program around. I actually liked those guys.

But overall the week in Dallas left a bad taste in my mouth with regards to Texas Tech. They are pretty much the Mississippi State of Texas.
blue jeans shorts. Hows that not classy?
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I, of course, attended with the hubby. Our seats were, as aforementioned, very awesome. Good crowd - in numbers, I mean. It was a sea of red... which turned to a sea of red & blue by the start of the 4th.

Let me first say that I am terribly claustrophobic and it is extremely difficult for me to be in such a tight, confined area with people without breaking into a sweat and having heart palpitations. Especially when one (or more) of the Texas Tech fans that surround you have incredibly odiferous and foul BO. I was certain I would need oxygen therapy before halftime. Especially in the first half of the first quarter when this particularly fragrant fella kept raising his arms to cheer. I kept thinking, Oh, Lord, no! No more first downs, please!

The TT fans we encountered first seemed pleasant - even Mr. BO, who was a student. He was nice, liked to pick fun a little bit, but was never - except for his stench - offensive. But then the ones who had been out all morning drinking started to trickle in. A guy came in and sat down next to my sweet husband... he looked like he was just coming off a four-day bender and smelled like it, too. He said to "pardon [him]" because he was "going to get loud". He said he was a big fan and would be noisy. He said he encouraged us to be loud, too, except there would be little reason for that and we would be gone by halftime anyway. I rolled my eyes and said, "we can give as good as we get." Ironically, he wouldn't stick around to hear it... hmm. Anyway, a few other jerks behind us started talking smack about how the SEC couldn't compare and Jevan was a 2-time QB reject, etc. It went on and on. Especially in the first few minutes of the first quarter. I actually started to think that maybe we were in for a really, really rough day. But things began to turn around for us. A few yards here and there... it was great. That same jack-hole behind us then said, "uh oh, here they come with their pom-poms." Yes, we all brought our blue and red pom-poms... mostly because we were more creative than to use our thumb and forefinger to make random "L" gestures in the air... and by the way, what is a Red Raider?? A pirate? A bandito? A matador? A cowboy? I'm not sure... they only have about 15 different mascots. And what does that bell have to do with anything besides berating its ringer on YouTube? But I digress...

Halftime was lovely. Our band was doing its thing and we all admired the Rebelettes. Then we watched the "Goin' Band from Raider Land". Let me just ask this: where is the band "goin'"? Hopefully the chump who thought that name up "goed" somewhere else, because that is awful! They did make a cool Jolly Roger looking thing on the field (I guess they're land pirates or something?) and they spelled "Texas Tech" like State does... kinda cute, I guess. Then more Rangerettes and the high school bands... yadda yadda... scoreboard... and kick off.

Now it gets good. Slowly but surely the TT fans start to file out. Where did Mr. BO go? He must've left with Mr. Obnoxious somewhere around the end of the 3rd. Finally I could breathe again. And spread out. It was all Rebs from there. Awesome.

I never said so many Hotty Toddys in my life! I loved it! I never chanted "SEC" so much, either. And it felt AMAZING to say, WE JUST BEAT THE HELL OUTTA YOU. Oh yeah, and also I did "Hook 'Em Horns" once, too, just for good measure. ;) I still have a scratchy throat, but it's every bit worth it. Dumb bastards kept on and on about how they had to play some lowly little SEC west team, they should've at least been playing someone like Georgia, and how they felt like they should've been National Championship contenders (yes, I actually did hear that in the ladies room, although I'm not sure that the person who said it really was in fact a lady, but I didn't wait around to see if "she" stood in the stall or not). It bothers me considerably that you let TT have a winning streak and a pretty decent season and they get waaaay to big for their britches. I love that we stopped the blessed Mr. Crabtree, too. The crabwalk in the end zone was cute but the whole crab theme left the door wide open for many, many genital infection jokes. Meanwhile, Mr. Obnoxious had said over and over again he would kick our *sses, and it felt nice to look at his stats and see that he was NOT a factor (of course, they then used the excuse that he was not 100% or else they would've won, etc).

In short, I am a good sport. I don't boo, and I try my very hardest not to belittle the other team or its fans. But these land pirate fans were incredibly rude from the get-go and I haven't got any patience for that. And why should I? We hit 'em. We wrecked 'em. We just kicked their @ss. :twisted:
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.