TT what a bunch of punk losers

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I think had you showed them some of your gloves they would have left you alone. :D
Rule #1.......Don't panik
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

I was there and I was surrounded by Ole Miss folks and did get to meet some Tech fans, but they were fairly pleasant to me.

I will say this about the game. I hate the whole SEC chant that Ole Miss fans were doing because yes the SEC is a much better conference than the Big 12, PAC-10, etc.... It just should have been Ole Miss being chanted bc we were the ones whooping Tech not Florida or LSU.

I guess it just sounded like we were happy just being 4th in the SEC conference and beating another conference. Instead of us wanting to be the top of our conference. I don't know I just didn't like chanting SEC in a game. Maybe after the game because during the game there was still time for them to make a drive.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

StrongRebel wrote:I was there and I was surrounded by Ole Miss folks and did get to meet some Tech fans, but they were fairly pleasant to me.

I will say this about the game. I hate the whole SEC chant that Ole Miss fans were doing because yes the SEC is a much better conference than the Big 12, PAC-10, etc.... It just should have been Ole Miss being chanted bc we were the ones whooping Tech not Florida or LSU.

I guess it just sounded like we were happy just being 4th in the SEC conference and beating another conference. Instead of us wanting to be the top of our conference. I don't know I just didn't like chanting SEC in a game. Maybe after the game because during the game there was still time for them to make a drive.
Good point. 8)
BrettInAtlanta
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

bigtreydaddy wrote:
RichmondVAReb wrote:Every school has its obnoxious ones, so TT is not alone.
Look no further than our student section.
Yeah, I was embarrassed by a number of people from our side during the game. A number of our fans were definitely "over served".
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." ~ Benjamin Franklin
jajones5
Water Boy
Water Boy

StrongRebel wrote:I was there and I was surrounded by Ole Miss folks and did get to meet some Tech fans, but they were fairly pleasant to me.

I don't see it as we were happy being fourth in the SEC; we beat some of the top teams in the conference, and held Alabama to a 4 point game. I think it goes more along the lines of conference allegiance than being happy with our spot in the SEC. We have heard all the smack about how much better the Big 12 is than the SEC, and personally, I'm glad we showed that one of the supposed "Best" of the Big 12 got beat by a 4 loss team out of the West; it just shows how good the conference really is.

Also, think about how many times we said Hotty Toddy. We weren't solely praising the SEC. I also remember a "We are...... OLE MISS" going up a time or two in the 4th quarter, though i don't know how big it was I was just happy to join in =)
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

jajones5 wrote:

Getr it straight. We are the 3rd best team. We are better than UGA.

I don't see it as we were happy being fourth in the SEC; we beat some of the top teams in the conference, and held Alabama to a 4 point game. I think it goes more along the lines of conference allegiance than being happy with our spot in the SEC. We have heard all the smack about how much better the Big 12 is than the SEC, and personally, I'm glad we showed that one of the supposed "Best" of the Big 12 got beat by a 4 loss team out of the West; it just shows how good the conference really is.

Also, think about how many times we said Hotty Toddy. We weren't solely praising the SEC. I also remember a "We are...... OLE MISS" going up a time or two in the 4th quarter, though i don't know how big it was I was just happy to join in =)
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

If I went to any other school, I would have officially hated the hotty toddy that day.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
done

jajones5 wrote:
I don't see it as we were happy being fourth in the SEC;

Just curious about the whole "fourth in the SEC"....does anybody on here think we wouldn't beat Georgia if we played them? I think we would beat them and maybe handily....also wouldn't mind another crack at Bama....think Florida would probably get us in a re-match. But I think we are at least the 3rd best team in the conference.
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:
jajones5 wrote:

Just curious about the whole "fourth in the SEC"....does anybody on here think we wouldn't beat Georgia if we played them? I think we would beat them and maybe handily....also wouldn't mind another crack at Bama....think Florida would probably get us in a re-match. But I think we are at least the 3rd best team in the conference.
I think that comes from records and pecking order with Florida at 12-1 (7-1)and SEC Champs, Bama at 12-1(8-0) and SEC Runner-up, Georgia at 9-3(6-2) and second in the East, and us at 8-4(5-3) and second in the West. Even based on our conference record I can see being considered the 4th best team in the SEC. In my opinion we are in pretty good company.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

dgmcdowe wrote:If I went to any other school, I would have officially hated the hotty toddy that day.
Had I shouted along everytime in the hotty toddy, I would have lost my voice before the game even started. We did it a bunch in pre-game.

And were those corn tortillas Tech fans were throwing around? That's what it looked like to me 8O
Rule #1.......Don't panik
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

badmotorfinger wrote:
dgmcdowe wrote:If I went to any other school, I would have officially hated the hotty toddy that day.
Had I shouted along everytime in the hotty toddy, I would have lost my voice before the game even started. We did it a bunch in pre-game.

And were those corn tortillas Tech fans were throwing around? That's what it looked like to me 8O
Yes those were tortillas. Apparently that is something they started after a "big" win some years back. A guy sitting next to me from Dallas told me about it but I don't remember the specifics. He said if Tech had won they would have littered the field with tortillas.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Someone told us that a few years back they started getting flagged and fined for it, so they settled down a bit, though.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I think it was more of an "In your face, Big 12!" Especially after all the *beep* about how UT should have been in the NC game.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

badmotorfinger wrote:I think had you showed them some of your gloves they would have left you alone. :D
I accidentally left them in the car. Drat.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
jajones5
Water Boy
Water Boy

Rebchuck18 wrote:
jajones5 wrote:

I would agree on that one, but since they have a better record and we didn't play each other they get the nod. I'd take Ole Miss against most anyone in the country right now. Hopefully we can keep it rollin next season riding high on that 6 game winnin streak