More on Rocker

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

TitanTiger
Water Boy
Water Boy

StrongRebel wrote:Don Dunn is available, and Auburn alway had a good defensive line. He can cook the hell out of some BBQ too! The man knew how to cook a steak.

BT him and Hugh Nawl they were my favorite Tubberville coaches and they got after it too.

Auburn every year could run the football due to their OL and could stop the run due to the DL. It was just they never really had a QB they really liked same goes with Bama.
Don Dunn is a d*** good DL coach and I wish we'd have kept him and Terry Price. If you get him you'll have a really good one.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

The Nutt thing was mostly the doing of Jimmy Sexton. You guys will love dealing with a coach that has him for an agent. Get used to hearing Nutt come up with any decent job opening every year as leverage for a contract extension or increase. It's Sexton's main MO.
You realize Sexton is still your coaches agent...right?
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
TitanTiger
Water Boy
Water Boy

dgmcdowe wrote:
The Nutt thing was mostly the doing of Jimmy Sexton. You guys will love dealing with a coach that has him for an agent. Get used to hearing Nutt come up with any decent job opening every year as leverage for a contract extension or increase. It's Sexton's main MO.
Actually, not anymore. We told Chizik we would only negotiate with him, in person and without Sexton. Chizik has since dropped Sexton:
At Auburn's insistence, Chizik didn't use his agent, Jimmy Sexton, to negotiate a preliminary letter of agreement outlining the general terms of the deal. That's almost unheard of for new coaches at major programs.

In addition, it appears that Chizik has cut ties with Sexton, although their working relationship was barely two years old.

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews ... xml&coll=2
We're done dealing with that horse's behind. Your nightmare is only beginning.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

TitanTiger wrote:
dgmcdowe wrote:
Actually, not anymore. We told Chizik we would only negotiate with him, in person and without Sexton. Chizik has since dropped Sexton:
At Auburn's insistence, Chizik didn't use his agent, Jimmy Sexton, to negotiate a preliminary letter of agreement outlining the general terms of the deal. That's almost unheard of for new coaches at major programs.

In addition, it appears that Chizik has cut ties with Sexton, although their working relationship was barely two years old.

And what nightmare would that be?
TitanTiger
Water Boy
Water Boy

rebeloke wrote:
TitanTiger wrote:
dgmcdowe wrote: You realize Sexton is still your coaches agent...right?

Dealing with that slimeball Sexton shopping Nutt's name around or planting such stories after every season to get Ole Miss to sweeten the pot on his contract. He does it with every client he has.

I'm telling you, someone at Auburn might have floated Nutt's name out there in a "thinking out loud" sort of way when naming some prospective coaches, but that thing got real legs by Sexton stoking the fire and making it seem more critical than it really was. You were never in any danger of losing him to us. But he made it sound that way and got your boy a nice pay raise before that resounding smackdown of Texas Tech ever occurred.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

TitanTiger wrote:
rebeloke wrote:
TitanTiger wrote: Actually, not anymore. We told Chizik we would only negotiate with him, in person and without Sexton. Chizik has since dropped Sexton:
Dealing with that slimeball Sexton shopping Nutt's name around or planting such stories after every season to get Ole Miss to sweeten the pot on his contract. He does it with every client he has.

I'm telling you, someone at Auburn might have floated Nutt's name out there in a "thinking out loud" sort of way when naming some prospective coaches, but that thing got real legs by Sexton stoking the fire and making it seem more critical than it really was. You were never in any danger of losing him to us. But he made it sound that way and got your boy a nice pay raise before that resounding smackdown of Texas Tech ever occurred.
Dude I have no idea who you have been talking to but let me assure, I have contacts that know Tommy Tuberville, and Coach Nutt, and that is not the story I hear. First off Tommy did resign dispite how it looks to the opposite. The thing troubling the public is how do you resign and walk away with the money? Your AD is either a bald face liar or stupid if that is the case. He is a liar if he in fact fired Tommy or he is stupid for giving him 5 mil which his contract does not allow for if he resigns. OR something else happened. Truthfully your boosters starting calling Nutt inquiring about his availability. Well Sexton represents both Nutt and TT. So when he learned of it from Nutt his other client had grounds to resign and get the money which is what happened. On Monday TT walked into your ADs office and turned in his resignation and said give me my money. It took them all week long to try to squirm out of that one. In the end they owed him the money. Now that is not were this story ends. Your boosters who were originally interested in Nutt never backed off. They were convinced they could get him and threw more money that God at him. Problem is they had no plan B. Your new coach was the result of your stupid boosters going around and sticking their noises where they had no business. Your nightmare in Auburn is your boosters. You nightmare is therefore not over. To make it worse your bigger nightmare is your new HC. Now I hope for your sake that a bad hire can be compensated for by making some really good hires at the assistant level. But history tells us that a team is only as effective as its leader. Your HC is a proven HC, the only problem is that he is a proven loser.
TitanTiger
Water Boy
Water Boy

I have plenty of contacts myself. And I saw that email/internet rumor about how all of it went down. And believe me, the contacts I have with xCTT are rock solid. Problem is, it doesn't square with reality, though it makes for a nice story.

Look, I'm not disparaging your coach or your school. I'm just telling you that as long as you have a coach that has Sexton for an agent, you will deal with the annual dog and pony show of this plausible school or that one being "interested" in your coach. And after the stories get circulated for a few weeks and the message boards are all losing their grits over it, he'll likely stay put and come out with a better contract. You could set a sundial by it.

This year it was Auburn. Next year it will be someone else. Just fasten your seatbelt and get ready for the ride.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

It seems odd that the tables would be turned from Auburn. Seeing that the boosters were flying to talk to other people while Petrino was eyeing TT's job.

How weird that Auburn is complaining about their coach "shopping around"
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
TitanTiger
Water Boy
Water Boy

dgmcdowe wrote:It seems odd that the tables would be turned from Auburn. Seeing that the boosters were flying to talk to other people while Petrino was eyeing TT's job.

How weird that Auburn is complaining about their coach "shopping around"
Well, two things:

1. The fans were completely *beep* off about Jetgate. It was their uprising in support of xCTT that threw that thing off the rails and saved his job.

2. The fans are not complaining about their coach "shopping around." They do complain about Sexton yanking people's chains constantly though.

Like I said, you'll figure it out soon enough. As long as Nutt does well enough to stay in Oxford and keeps Sexton as his agent, you'll have an annual contract-induced rumor mill at the end of the season. It's one of the reasons we insisted that Sexton be out of the loop this time around.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

TitanTiger wrote:I have plenty of contacts myself. And I saw that email/internet rumor about how all of it went down. And believe me, the contacts I have with xCTT are rock solid. Problem is, it doesn't square with reality, though it makes for a nice story.

Look, I'm not disparaging your coach or your school. I'm just telling you that as long as you have a coach that has Sexton for an agent, you will deal with the annual dog and pony show of this plausible school or that one being "interested" in your coach. And after the stories get circulated for a few weeks and the message boards are all losing their grits over it, he'll likely stay put and come out with a better contract. You could set a sundial by it.

This year it was Auburn. Next year it will be someone else. Just fasten your seatbelt and get ready for the ride.
I saw that little internet piece as well, the only problem is that it is true. I have a source that is best friends with TT. I knew what was going on long before that email started getting around.

Why don't you worry about Auburn's problems, you have plenty to keep you busy?
TitanTiger
Water Boy
Water Boy

rebeloke wrote:
TitanTiger wrote:I have plenty of contacts myself. And I saw that email/internet rumor about how all of it went down. And believe me, the contacts I have with xCTT are rock solid. Problem is, it doesn't square with reality, though it makes for a nice story.

I saw that little internet piece as well, the only problem is that it is true. I have a source that is best friends with TT. I knew what was going on long before that email started getting around.

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I'm every bit as confident in my source and they said it's malarky.

And I'm sorry, this is a public message board isn't it? Is there some accepted custom becoming popular where rivals and such don't discuss things or talk about events that relate to both of them in various ways? If so, I wasn't aware of it. Not sure what your problem is. I've been respectful of both your school and your coach. I just think Sexton is a scumbag and that it's no big deal if someone on a team's coaching staff wants to take an offer to go coach at their alma mater, whether it's happening for our gain or for someone else's. Is that some kind of unpardonable offense?
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

TitanTiger wrote:
rebeloke wrote:

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I'm every bit as confident in my source and they said it's malarky.

And I'm sorry, this is a public message board isn't it? Is there some accepted custom becoming popular where rivals and such don't discuss things or talk about events that relate to both of them in various ways? If so, I wasn't aware of it. Not sure what your problem is. I've been respectful of both your school and your coach. I just think Sexton is a scumbag and that it's no big deal if someone on a team's coaching staff wants to take an offer to go coach at their alma mater, whether it's happening for our gain or for someone else's. Is that some kind of unpardonable offense?
So if I went onto an Auburn site and started saying that you guys in for a nightmare, that would be welcomed with open arms? I doubt that.

Your insight is not needed. We appreciate Rocker and hate to see him go, however, we stand a very good chance of upgrading truth be told, as he was not a great recruiter.

Now as to your sources... well, I doubt that you have a source that knows TT, or Nutt personally. Second, why did Auburn pay TT 5.1 mil? If they fired him they would, but your AD said that he resigned. Was your AD lying? He had Auburn by the balls and you know it.
Last edited by rebeloke on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

TitanTiger wrote:
rebeloke wrote:

Everyone's a little touchy over here considering the Hog fans who've come over and bugged the ever living crap out of us. So when an opposing team's fan comes over, we go on the defensive.

IMO, who gives a crap whether TT was forced out or resigned. I hear what you're saying about Sexton and we've heard it before (also from the Arkansas fans). It was a smooth move requesting he be removed from talks.

I have a question about that, though. Do you think a bigger name candidate would've agreed to that demand? I mean Chizick(sp?) wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire. He'd probably have given up his first born had Auburn asked.
Some Random Dude
03rebs

This topic has gotten off course.

If y'all want to discuss Tracy Rocker in this topic, fine. If not, start another topic in the General Chat or open board to discuss agents, etc... Thanks
Last edited by 03rebs on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forward Rebels!
TitanTiger
Water Boy
Water Boy

rebeloke wrote:
TitanTiger wrote:
rebeloke wrote: I saw that little internet piece as well, the only problem is that it is true. I have a source that is best friends with TT. I knew what was going on long before that email started getting around.

So if I went onto an Auburn site and started saying that you guys in for a nightmare, that would be welcomed with open arms? I doubt that.

Your insight is not needed. We appreciate Rocker and hate to see him go, however, we stand a very good chance of upgrading truth be told, as he was not a great recruiter.

Now as to your sources... well, I doubt that you have a source that knows TT, or Nutt personally. Second, why did Auburn pay TT 5.1 mil? If they fired him they would, but your AD said that he resigned. Was your AD lying? He had Auburn by the balls and you know it.
I think no one would be bothered if you told us a certain agent would be a nightmare to deal with every year. In fact, we'd nod in agreement and swap horror stories.

My sources are personal friends with xCTT and I'll leave it at that.