Left Tackle

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BrettInAtlanta
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Who is going to start at left tackle next season? John Jerry, Bradley Sowell or someone else?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." ~ Benjamin Franklin
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

My hope is that it's Bobby Massie.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Im gonna be realistic. Its Jerrys to lose
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

dgmcdowe wrote:My hope is that it's Bobby Massie.
Even if he commits, do you really want him starting as a true freshman?

There are a few positions which almost NEVER have true freshmen as starters, and LT is one of them. Basically, if you've got a true freshman left tackle, then you've got some problems.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

rrlynch wrote:

There are a few positions which almost NEVER have true freshmen as starters, and LT is one of them. Basically, if you've got a true freshman left tackle, then you've got some problems.
I dont think he would either, but recognize this kid has attended prep school. That is another year for a kid to mature. he could play G or even RT. He is that good.
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

BigTrev34 wrote:
rrlynch wrote:

I dont think he would either, but recognize this kid has attended prep school. That is another year for a kid to mature. he could play G or even RT. He is that good.
I'm alright with him at G. Afterall, that's what they did with Oher.

However, I think this discussion is somewhat pointless because Massie's headed to Tuscaloosa.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

rrlynch wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:
rrlynch wrote: Even if he commits, do you really want him starting as a true freshman?

However, I think this discussion is somewhat pointless because Massie's headed to Tuscaloosa.

i think hes UGA bound.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

BigTrev34 wrote:Im gonna be realistic. Its Jerrys to lose
Markuson has stated that, at this time, there is no plan to move Jerry to the left. of sourse, that could change, but Markuson has great confidence in Sowell at that spot.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Oher made it whilst starting as a true frosh.

Just saying. I'd like it to be Massie. Why give up hope? It doesn't hurt anything.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

dgmcdowe wrote:Oher made it whilst starting as a true frosh.

Just saying. I'd like it to be Massie. Why give up hope? It doesn't hurt anything.
Oher started at G as a true freshman, not at LT. Even then Oher had some "growing" pains.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

olemsdave76 wrote:
dgmcdowe wrote:Oher made it whilst starting as a true frosh.

Oher started at G as a true freshman, not at LT. Even then Oher had some "growing" pains.
Yep, wasn't Tre' the starting Left Tackle that year.
Randy
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

rrlynch wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:
rrlynch wrote: Even if he commits, do you really want him starting as a true freshman?

I think Massie is ours and has been for some time now. However don't take my word for it... wait until signing day and see if I ain't right.
Later,
Hagar
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

Hagar wrote: I think Massie is ours and has been for some time now. However don't take my word for it... wait until signing day and see if I ain't right.
Hag,

You know I almost never EVER disagree with you. I hope you are correct on this, but I am still hearing that Tusky and Athens are more attractive to Massie.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

USCrebel wrote:
Hagar wrote: I think Massie is ours and has been for some time now. However don't take my word for it... wait until signing day and see if I ain't right.
Hag,

You know I almost never EVER disagree with you. I hope you are correct on this, but I am still hearing that Tusky and Athens are more attractive to Massie.
With the loss of so many of Bama's players to the draft you might be correct... Massie may see that Bama's grass is greener...I hope I am correct. For the life of me I can't remember where I heard or read that Massie was a private commit to us...lets hope I ain't just making it up. Distance may be a bigger factor for Massie than I am giving him credit for. If we don't get him we will really have to step it up next year for linemen because we won't have a 2 deep rotation next year at all.
Later,
Hagar
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

USCrebel wrote:
Hag,

According to another source I am hearing the same thing your hearing...although according to my nurse friend Tig says he doesn't know where Massie is currently leaning.
Later,
Hagar