Jeremiah Masoli

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

done

Rebchuck18 wrote:IMO this is spin....his own team and coaches know the facts and they let him go in spite of his incredible worth to them...that speaks louder to me than any after the fact excuses.....
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20 ... -obstacles

Masoli's attorney, Dan Koenig, has said the quarterback is done with all legal matters in Oregon. But there is still concern that last month's guilty plea to a misdemeanor drug charge may be deemed a violation of the one-year probation Masoli received after his burglary conviction in March, according to The Oregonian of Portland.

Would we normally allow convicted criminals facing possible violations of their probation to apply for Grad school?

Masoli has taken a beating in the media for his legal problems - including pleading guilty to a second-degree burglary charge in March. He was also cited for misdemeanor marijuana possession and has a juvenile record.

To try to spin those issues, the Masoli family has retained the Los Angeles-based firm Sitrick And Company, which bills itself as "one of the top strategic communications firms in the United States."

Sounds like a pattern of trouble to me

He could have saved some money on the PR firm...he could have just created a website and linked to Nafoom and Rebelfaithful....

And finally...my last word on Masoli for now (hold the applause)...I would bet my last nickel that this guy has already had contact with agents.....I only wonder how we will look back at our love affair with this guy when the light of morning shines on it a year or so from now..hope that extra win or two we keep referring to is worth it.

Now I will let you guys continue your frenzied Masoli salivation..... I have to go order a Nathan Stanley jersey.

Still love you guys....guess I will just have to go Lone Wolf on this one...but that's okay, I was kind of lone wolf on Cotton as well.

I am moving tomorrow and my cable won't be connected until Tuesday so at least you won't have to listen to this, what was it that Bleuwolfe called me?..oh yeah you won't have to listen to this "self appointed moral jackass" or something like that 8) :P , for awhile

Hope you all have safe and happy weekends and I do in all sincerity thank you for the fellowship...

Hotty Toddy!
Married An OM Girl
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Having contact with agents is not against the rules.....signing with or taking something of value from an agent is.
Hogman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Is stealing laptops against the rules?

I'm sure you can have pot in your car in Mississippi...but I think that's illigal in Oregon.
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hogman wrote:Is stealing laptops against the rules?

I'm sure you can have pot in your car in Mississippi...but I think that's illigal in Oregon.

"Illigal"? yup thats an arkie troll education at it's finest.
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hogman wrote:Is stealing laptops against the rules?

Hogman, Did you read the article? I don’t think you did (not that I really care). The funny thing is that a friend of mine showed me the story and he is an Arkansas fan (he can read) that was giving me a hard time before he read it now even he questions the whole chain of events.

Wolfard is sitting in a Eugene coffee shop listening to a relayed version of Masoli's account of that night. At the end of it, he says, "By his version he didn't steal anything, and by mine it's not clear that he did."

Read more:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/f ... z0vAUVKHld

Deadman
Heath
All American
All American

Well, this situation is involving a QB, THE most high profile, glamorous position in football (Not like Masoli is some DB or O-lineman). The Ole Miss football program is a multi-million dollar business. Coach Nutt is virtually the "CEO" of this business. I feel pretty dang sure that he put a lot of thought into this decision, weighing the pro's and con's of allowing Masoli to transfer (and talked it over with T-Nix, Rader, Boone, etc.). Nutt KNOWS that with all the national attention that is coming with this, he, the Ole Miss program, and we (fans) are going to have lots of egg on our faces if Masoli screws up again. So, I think Nutt has faith in this boy and so should we because Nutt has a lot more information than we have. So, as our "CEO", if we do not trust Nutt's decision making skills in a big-time, attention grabbing decision like this, then we need to start writing letters to Boone asking for Nutt's removal from his position. Therefore, if we are not willing to do that, then we should have faith in our leader. Just my opinion.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Here's the deal, everyday since we were all 3 years old we heard while at church or from our parents, forgive forgive and forgive, and also, everyone gets a second chance. Thats what this is. Stanley may not like it, some of you may not like it. But secretly rooting for stanley to overthrow masoli and take the starting job is not the way to go about it. If stanley truly deserves to play over a all american as a sophmore, then we will prove it on the field. But common sense tells you that that won't happen because if stanley was that good he would have started over snead last year. There was a reason snead didn't get pulled out of games last year, because stanley isn't ready! Masoli will come in a help stanely. Stanley will still prob start the season, with masoli taking over most of the snaps later but stanley will still get to have good playing time . He will still be better then he is now.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I'm sorry but saying your going to go order your stanley jerzey is like saying you would rather michael spurlock start over eli manning , it doesn't make any sense. This is about WINNING, not playing favorites. Stanley is a great guy and yes he has been here working the whole time but he is not a all american. Stanley is not yet (and never will be) a heisman contender. At best stanley will be a okay sec qb, not a superstar, and not a excellent qb. He brings to mind romaro miller, he will make mistakes but makes enough plays to stay in the game. This is about getting to a bowl game during a down year and keeping our bowl streak alive. Without masoli we are on the verge of finishing where we were picked, last in the west! Masoli coming in will win us a few more games, get us to a bowl, KEEPS OUR RECRUITING MOMENTUM alive! That is so much more important then moral issues with a qb who you don't know.
Heath
All American
All American

jrebel87 wrote:Here's the deal, everyday since we were all 3 years old we heard while at church or from our parents, forgive forgive and forgive, and also, everyone gets a second chance. Thats what this is. Stanley may not like it, some of you may not like it. But secretly rooting for stanley to overthrow masoli and take the starting job is not the way to go about it. If stanley truly deserves to play over a all american as a sophmore, then we will prove it on the field. But common sense tells you that that won't happen because if stanley was that good he would have started over snead last year. There was a reason snead didn't get pulled out of games last year, because stanley isn't ready! Masoli will come in a help stanely. Stanley will still prob start the season, with masoli taking over most of the snaps later but stanley will still get to have good playing time . He will still be better then he is now.
"Every sinner has a future, every saint has a past. The power of redemption is strong." -Oliver Twist

I have actually thought more about it and disagree with one of my previous statements. I said that he looked like Brent Schaeffer. Well, he does, but a big difference is that the players chasing Schaeffer around (and he was eluding) were JUCO players....the players chasing Masoli around (and he was eluding) were from such colleges as Cal, USC, Oregon State, etc. Big differences there.
Heath
All American
All American

Heath wrote:
jrebel87 wrote:Here's the deal, everyday since we were all 3 years old we heard while at church or from our parents, forgive forgive and forgive, and also, everyone gets a second chance. Thats what this is. Stanley may not like it, some of you may not like it. But secretly rooting for stanley to overthrow masoli and take the starting job is not the way to go about it. If stanley truly deserves to play over a all american as a sophmore, then we will prove it on the field. But common sense tells you that that won't happen because if stanley was that good he would have started over snead last year. There was a reason snead didn't get pulled out of games last year, because stanley isn't ready! Masoli will come in a help stanely. Stanley will still prob start the season, with masoli taking over most of the snaps later but stanley will still get to have good playing time . He will still be better then he is now.
"Every sinner has a future, every saint has a past. The power of redemption is strong." -Oscar Wilde

I have actually thought more about it and disagree with one of my previous statements. I said that he looked like Brent Schaeffer. Well, he does, but a big difference is that the players chasing Schaeffer around (and he was eluding) were JUCO players....the players chasing Masoli around (and he was eluding) were from such colleges as Cal, USC, Oregon State, etc. Big differences there.