Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I'm not so sure if it's lack of respect or realism...us beating Tennessee is a HUGE upset.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

MtownRebel wrote:I'm not so sure if it's lack of respect or realism...us beating Tennessee is a HUGE upset.
I think it's an upset, but not necessarily a HUGE one. I can very easily see us hanging around by gutting out tough possessions, hitting an occasional 3 and the with this teams "never, EVER quit" mentality, pulling out a close win in regulation from an over confident UT team.

I would not at all be surprised if we win. I would be absolutely FLOORED if both teams play great and we blow them out. How sweet it would be. 8)
L. S. WHO?
done

Given the relative strengths of the conferences of the teams in question, I would have to say that Memphis will likely be the last to lose, because they are soon entering conference play in a weak conference.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:Given the relative strengths of the conferences of the teams in question, I would have to say that Memphis will likely be the last to lose, because they are soon entering conference play in a weak conference.
I agree but they do still have two tough OOC games with Gonzaga and Tennessee left. UNC could do it too, but I think it's Memphis.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

MtownRebel wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:Given the relative strengths of the conferences of the teams in question, I would have to say that Memphis will likely be the last to lose, because they are soon entering conference play in a weak conference.
I agree but they do still have two tough OOC games with Gonzaga and Tennessee left. UNC could do it too, but I think it's Memphis.
I agree, although I think Memphis undefeated bites. They would join the Bob Knight led Indiana Hoosiers of 75-76 to accomplish such a feat.

"The General" did that in the thick of Big 10 Basketball domination. Conference USA, is, well, Conference USA.

UNC does it? I tip my hat. But I think one of the two clashes that they will have with the "Dukeies" (sic) will give them at least one loss. Not to mention some of the other ACC teams under the radar ( GT, Maryland).
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

U guys talk a lot, but you VOTE?
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Done, well on the bright side we are still ahead of Vandy. 8O
Randy
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

bleuwolfe wrote:U guys talk a lot, but you VOTE?
I voted for Memphrica. The question was who will be the last to lose. Looking at UNC, VANDY, OM, and KAN, with conference play starting these teams have major opponents week in and week out. Memphis has exactly two games left on their schedule. Gonzaga and UTK... both at home. I think that putting us next to last... just before Vandy is just about right. Although with us meeting UTK before VAN has a real test, we may fall first.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

Me too USC, Memphis would hand our hats to us but I think we could have a good game with North Carolina. I don't think we would win but it would be closer than most think. The Tenn game will let us know real fast how we are going to fare in the SEC so sit back and enjoy the season. It is going to be fun.
I wish people would stop with the respect crap because all you have to do is win consistently and it will come. We have been a one hit wonder for a while and we need to string 3 or 4 good years in a row to get the respect we deserve. We are in the top 20 and that's good enough for what we have accomplished so far.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I voted for Memphis, I just don't see them losing anytime soon. Maybe to UT, but it's at the FedEx Forum so I doubt it. I've seen them play twice and us once this year. They, Memphis, have unbelievable speed and athleticism. They also have a TON of experience with Chis Douglas-Roberts, Dorsey, Dozier and others and then add in Derrick Rose, they will be tough to beat.

I like our team, but #18 is about right for now. Our first 5 SEC games will tell us a lot about our team.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

This is an internet sports poll, not life or death, but you can't vote for 'your team'? Now I understand. :roll:
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

the hypes not coming until ole miss is 2-0 starting SEC. and you all d*** well see the traditional SEC powerhouses the first schools we play are.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I agree with mp...we're going to have to prove ourselves in SEC play, we just don't have the history to be taken seriously by the media.
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

bleuwolfe wrote:This is an internet sports poll, not life or death, but you can't vote for 'your team'? Now I understand. :roll:
I guess you will bet your house on Ole Miss.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson