David Renfroe commits....

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Oxford you got info on this kid. If I am not mistaken he is out of SP and has a pretty lively arm.

Thanks
Randy
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Here's what I've gathered. He is a RHP from SP. 6'3", 180 lbs. Baseball America says he's the top recruit from the state of Mississippi in his class. His fastball is over 90 mph (I read one article implying he was clocked at 94 mph). According to Scout his school list is Ole Miss (commited), Alabama, Florida State, LSU, and Mississippi State. All excellent baseball programs. Glad we got him. The more I read on him the more this sounds like a great pick-up.

Interesting note: He was SP's starting QB this past season.

His father, Laddie Renfroe, played for the Diamond Rebs and then went on to play for short time with the Chicago Cubs.

Here's an article talking about both David's baseball and football performance at SP.

Renfroe making name for himself
GO REBELS!!!
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

That's what I figured, I have seen where he was a SS/IF but I figured he was slotted as a pitcher.

Thanks again.
Randy
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Curious. Is he possibly going to play football at OM. apparently he is a pretty good qb. anyone know?
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

BigTrev34 wrote:Curious. Is he possibly going to play football at OM. apparently he is a pretty good qb. anyone know?
I'm not sure but just by taking a look at our current QB depth chart...sign him up.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MtownRebel wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:Curious. Is he possibly going to play football at OM. apparently he is a pretty good qb. anyone know?
I'm not sure but just by taking a look at our current QB depth chart...sign him up.
No Doubt!
Randy
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I have heard that Renfroe has gotten a 95% ride.

I know he is a pitcher and it is more common than position players, but still rare. I believe he was considered the #1 prospect in MS, but wow that is a statement.

Bianco has proven he knows what he is doing and I have absolute trust in him, just surprised.
Randy
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

rewalters wrote:I have heard that Renfroe has gotten a 95% ride.

I know he is a pitcher and it is more common than position players, but still rare. I believe he was considered the #1 prospect in MS, but wow that is a statement.

Bianco has proven he knows what he is doing and I have absolute trust in him, just surprised.
That is very surprising, but if he's that good then you do what you have to . If he's too good, then the MLB might come get him this Spring.

I trust Bianco too. He's proven he knows what he's doing.
GO REBELS!!!