Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I saw that, I guess that places us as consensus pre-season Top 10 team in every poll.
Randy
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Looks good. I'm not sure if that's a little generous, but I'll sure take it.

I feel good about the defense and pitching. I'm just not sure about the offense yet. I have high hopes for Logan Power this year at the plate. I think he could be significantly improved. Overbeck and Power are going to be the power guys again this year, but Henry just doesn't have the power to get it out of the yard, at least he didn't show it last year. His only HR was an inside-the-parker. But Henry brings consistency to the plate. He hit for average last year and I think he'll do the same this year.

Hubbard did well at UA-Ft. Smith and ended his JUCO career with a .379 BA. Guerrero hit a .375 his Soph year at Meridian CC. In 2006 Matt Smith hit for a .524 BA his Sr. year in HS (was a redshirt last year). Then Kyle Henson hit for a .315 BA last year at San Jacinto JC. IF Baseball America's projected lineup is correct, we should do much better at the plate. Not to say our offense wasn't good last year, but it should be even better this year if those number hold true and the starting lineup stays that way.
GO REBELS!!!
RebBoozer39180
Water Boy
Water Boy

Jordan told me the offense should be very good. I saw him at his brothers wedding. Said this team should be better than last years team. Dont forget about Matt Smith, he is suppose to be a stud at hitting. The Pomeranz kid could be special.