Positions Filled

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

There are only 4 positions we needed filled badly this year. That is Center, CB opposite Mouzon and obviously TE & RB. Who do you think starts here?

TE - Gerald Harris
C - Kermit Tyler (I think he switches here for playing time. He'll eventually move back i think)
CB - Cassius Vaughn or Demareo Marr
RB - Eason & Davis will battle and share time and I have a hunch Dexter McCluster can be the Felix Jones of this offense.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

McCluster, no matter how undersized, has proven his worth as wide out to be much too great to line up consistently in the backfield, with the exception of a trick play or two.

That being said, a-la, a Nutt coached team, we are good at Tailback.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

He'll still be our #3 behind Shay and Mike Wallace. He will be on the field and will be used at times as a runner. Nutt should take advantage of his speed. BC we have Maqrshay Green as well, we may have to put McCluster at rb at times. Im not saying he will be in one every play or drive. Im saying on occasion.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Center is one spot that you don't want to rely on a true freshman to start, mainly due to the fact they they have to identify defensive schemes and blocking adjustments for the rest of the line, so I can't see Tyler or Hawkins there anytime soon; Brandon Green or Rishaw Johnson will be center.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

BigTrev34 wrote:There are only 4 positions we needed filled badly this year. That is Center, CB opposite Mouzon and obviously TE & RB. Who do you think starts here?

TE - Gerald Harris
C - Kermit Tyler (I think he switches here for playing time. He'll eventually move back i think)
RB - Eason & Davis will battle and share time and I have a hunch Dexter McCluster can be the Felix Jones of this offense.
Five positions of need...
LB=Trahan
done

felicianareb wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:There are only 4 positions we needed filled badly this year. That is Center, CB opposite Mouzon and obviously TE & RB. Who do you think starts here?

TE - Gerald Harris
LB=Trahan
SIX positions of need...

HC = NUTT!!!!
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:
felicianareb wrote:

TE - Gerald Harris
LB=Trahan
SIX positions of need...

HC = NUTT!!!!
Hey! I can take this further up the chain of command if you want... there are still come positions that need to be filled
AD= ?
C= ?
NPA has been vacant for 46 years
8)
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

LB i wasnt an absolute necessity. They were all solid and slowly progressing. Fein, Phillips and Palmer were not awful, but I will almost guarantee that Trahan will be starting for us this season. Every position needed some improvement, but those were holes that didnt have an answer. We had 3 returning LBs along with Scottie Williams and others. We didnt lose anyone. We lost our C and both our TEs. And our running game in B Hall and BJGE.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
felicianareb wrote:

TE - Gerald Harris
LB=Trahan
SIX positions of need...

HC = NUTT!!!!
7th postions of need

K/P = ???????????????????????????????????
Randy
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Alright, Ill admit I missed some positions of need, but no one left at the K or P position so I bet the players stay the same.

K - Joshua Shene - he wasnt that bad 11-17 on FGs
P - Justin Sparks - also will handle KO duties - did KO at end of year.
desotorebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

How about filling the Mascot position?
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

desotorebel wrote:How about filling the Mascot position?
Ding, Ding, Ding...we have a winner !!

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
SooiePig
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Do you guys think Enrique Davis will contribute next year or be redshirted? From what I've seen and read, that kid is a stud....
cajunrebel

SooiePig wrote:Do you guys think Enrique Davis will contribute next year or be redshirted? From what I've seen and read, that kid is a stud....
We graduated two of our RB's so I would be surprised if we redshirted him. I expect that he will be in the rotation immediately assuming he has the maturity to step into a starting role so quickly.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

SooiePig wrote:Do you guys think Enrique Davis will contribute next year or be redshirted? From what I've seen and read, that kid is a stud....
No. We might redshirt Bolden or Devin Thomas but definitely not E Davis. he will be the #1 or #2 rb depending on how good Eason really is. Jeremy McGee wont be that big of a threat to steal a job.