Solid performance against a very good team.

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Just from looking over the stats, that was a pretty solid game all around.

Good shooting %, good from 3pt, good at the stripe, and few turnovers.

Great game. Now we need to remember how this one played and do the same for every single game we have left!!!!!!!!!!
L. S. WHO?
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I was only able to listen to the last 4:30 of the game and it was sweet to listen to. One thing that Kellum and crew talked about was that Polynice played the point and not Warren. This freed up Warren to concentrate on scoring more and he did with 22 or 23 points.

We also MADE OUR FREE THROWS at the end of the game and a couple of big one-and-ones. Great game guys, let's keep it going.
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Such hustle and energy tonight! For those of you who weren't at the game, the Rebels were diving for loose balls, hustling all over the floor. The intensity that has been missing was there. I hope this can carry over. This has to help the confidence of the team. The half-court trap really frustrated State. The officiating was terrible and I know some people say that every game, but folks it was really bad.

Also, for those of you who didn't get to go to the game. Eli was at the game and when the camera was on him and he was on the jumbotron, the crowd went nuts. To begin the game, they had a recorded message from Houston Nutt to get the crowd fired up. I believe he said, "Coach Andy Kennedy is Ready, Are You Ready? Are You Ready?...." I think you know how the crowd responded to that...it ends with "...Ole Miss by d***!" Also Shepard Smith was in attendance and pointed at his Rebel hat when he was put up on the Jumbotron.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

fastbrk4 wrote:Such hustle and energy tonight! For those of you who weren't at the game, the Rebels were diving for loose balls, hustling all over the floor. The intensity that has been missing was there. I hope this can carry over. This has to help the confidence of the team. The half-court trap really frustrated State. The officiating was terrible and I know some people say that every game, but folks it was really bad.

Also, for those of you who didn't get to go to the game. Eli was at the game and when the camera was on him and he was on the jumbotron, the crowd went nuts. To begin the game, they had a recorded message from Houston Nutt to get the crowd fired up. I believe he said, "Coach Andy Kennedy is Ready, Are You Ready? Are You Ready?...." I think you know how the crowd responded to that...it ends with "...Ole Miss by d***!" Also Shepard Smith was in attendance and pointed at his Rebel hat when he was put up on the Jumbotron.
Wasn't able to listen to the game last night, but from what you guys are saying and from what I have read, it seems like we put a different team on the court. Good to hear words like hustle, intensity, drive, and defense.

Even though this was at home, it was solid and much needed win. Hopefully they are beginning to put this thing back in drive.

Go Rebels!!!!
Randy
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Now, we must avoid a let-down on Saturday in Baton Rouge. They would like nothing more than to bring us down with an unexpected win. They beat Florida and played both Tennessee and Kentucky close so they will feel like they CAN win, if they play to their potential. On the other hand, if we play to our potential, things will be fine.
sportsdirector06
Water Boy
Water Boy

they said on the TV broadcast that Kennedy told them, "the only thing you can control is the amount of effort you put into the game. you can put more effort into it than they can."

THAT is what basketball is all about. 15 offensive rebounds in the first half. WE WANTED IT MORE!

the fast break dunk by polynice was fantastic. the state defenders looked like they were standing in mud.

last season, a win against state fueled a good streak for us, so hopefully history will repeat itself.
ole miss basketball is the reason i have heart problems at 22
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Over here in AR I have been relying on SIRIUS for the games...Last night
I was unable to dial it in. Anyone know our status with the airways??? Thanks
texasrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

It is on XM now.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

fastbrk4 wrote:Such hustle and energy tonight! For those of you who weren't at the game, the Rebels were diving for loose balls, hustling all over the floor. The intensity that has been missing was there. I hope this can carry over. This has to help the confidence of the team. The half-court trap really frustrated State. The officiating was terrible and I know some people say that every game, but folks it was really bad.

This is REALLY encouraging to see. Not that I think he would ever abandon us, but Eli has got to be a busy guy. And for him to show up for a BB game in the middle of a really bad run for us, shows that he's still an Ole Miss fan at heart and will support our athletic programs in years to come. Props for Eli, classy move from a classy guy.

Same thing for Shep.
L. S. WHO?