oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Next up are theSouthern Miss Golden Eagles. Here are some quick facts:

Conference: Conference USA

Current Record: 6-2 (0-0); 1-1 Away; 1-0 Neutral

Current W/L Streak: L1

Current rank:
EDIT: Southern Miss is no longer 29th in the NCBWA Poll. They dropped out of the NCBWA poll, but still received votes.

Current Pseudo-RPI (Boyd's World): 2008 RPIs have not been released yet.

Team Stats:
.238 Team BA; .197 Opponent Team BA
2.41 Staff ERA; 4.14 Opponent Staff ERA
.983 FLD%, 5 E;

Offensive Leaders (among those who appear to be starters):
Brian Dozier - .429 BA through 8 games; 12-28; 1-2B; 5 RBIs; 6 Runs scored; 4BB; 2 HBP; 1 SB; 2K; 1 SH; .464 SLG%

Defensive Leaders (among those who appear to be starters):
Most starters have not committed an error.

2007 Final Record: 39-23 (14-10 CUSA); 17-13 Away

2007 Meeting: The Rebels defeated the Eagles 6-5 in Pearl, MS last year before dropping at game in Hattiesburg, 4-2. But the Rebels defeated the Eagles in the Oxford Regional at the end of the season in a 4-0 decision. I don't know the all-time record between the Rebs and the Eagles.

Projected Starters:
I don't have the projected Starters yet.

Other notes:

The forecast calls for bad weather in Oxford tomorrow; therefore the Ole Miss-Southern Miss game has been moved up to a 3:00 pm start.
Last edited by oxfordrebel on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
GO REBELS!!!
sportsdirector06
Water Boy
Water Boy

we're throwing rory mckean and USM is throwing mcginnis
ole miss basketball is the reason i have heart problems at 22
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

sportsdirector06 wrote:we're throwing rory mckean and USM is throwing mcginnis
Looks like Rory is pretty green from the Bio on OMS.com. 4 apps last year, 3.00 ERA. Did some work in a summer league though in '06.

What's the low down on this kid?
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

McKean threw some against Minn and ISU in relief. Was lights out against Minn but got into some trouble against ISU. But then again, who DIDN'T get into some trouble against ISU?

I think he'll be a good mid-week starter. He has some good stuff and can dominate the hitters when he's on. Irwin looked shaky in his start last week against NWST early, but then settled down and did a good job. I think they're still trying to figure out the mid-week rotation and where McKean might play into it.
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Edited the first post to reflect that Southern Miss dropped out of the NCBWA poll this week, but they still received votes.
GO REBELS!!!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Does anybody know if we Gulf-coasters might get this one on a radio station b/c we're playing USM? I checked the sticky about affiliates, and I guess I'll check the ones from the Hattiesburg vicinity at game time, but was wondering if anyone knows what station within earshot of NOLA might carry it?
L. S. WHO?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:McKean threw some against Minn and ISU in relief. Was lights out against Minn but got into some trouble against ISU. But then again, who DIDN'T get into some trouble against ISU?

I think he'll be a good mid-week starter. He has some good stuff and can dominate the hitters when he's on. Irwin looked shaky in his start last week against NWST early, but then settled down and did a good job. I think they're still trying to figure out the mid-week rotation and where McKean might play into it.
That's what I wanted to know. Thanks Oxford.
L. S. WHO?
sportsdirector06
Water Boy
Water Boy

In hattiesburg, it's 96.5 for the USM game, but I don't know if you'll want to listen to the enemy broadcast

it usually gets out there close to about an hour away, but i don't think there's an affiliate station anywhere closer

according to their website, USM radio coverage reaches Eastern Louisiana right up near new orleans, so you can give 96.5 a try
ole miss basketball is the reason i have heart problems at 22
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

oxpatchreb wrote:Does anybody know if we Gulf-coasters might get this one on a radio station b/c we're playing USM? I checked the sticky about affiliates, and I guess I'll check the ones from the Hattiesburg vicinity at game time, but was wondering if anyone knows what station within earshot of NOLA might carry it?
You should be able to get it from the olemisssports.com radio broadcast.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

You may not get it at all tonight. It's snowed about 1-1/2 hours today in Oxford starting about noon. Seems to have stopped now. Its gotten pretty cold. I would imagine the game will still be played, but wouldn't be surprised if it got rescheduled. Then again with a shortened season they'll probably go ahead and try to get it in today.
GO REBELS!!!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Snowing? Man it's like 73 here in Norfolk.

Crazy.
Some Random Dude
done

lewindha wrote:Snowing? Man it's like 73 here in Norfolk.

Crazy.
Global Cooling :lol:
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

After 4, Rebs up 6-2. We had a big 4th inning and scored 4.

I may have not heard this correct, but the radio guys just said that the Rebs have sent 9 or more to the plate in one inning 8 times already this year. That's pretty impressive.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

After 6 innings, Rebs up 7-2.

Evan Button jacked one in the 6th.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Aaaarrrrggghhh, THROW STRIKES!!!!! :evil: We give up 3 walks and they get a couple of hits and get 2 runs. Could have been worse, Bukvich (with bases loaded) came in and got outs after giving up a 2 run single. Buk's first showing this year after an injury. Rebs up 7-4.