Southern Miss Game

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

We give up another run, again a walk and he scores later on a passed ball.

Rebs up 7-5.
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

"Scott Bittle (ole miss) comes in the game with runners on 2nd & 3rd with no outs in the top of the 8th & strikes out 2 to get out of the jam! In 9 innings of work this season, I think Bittle has 21 k's, given up 1 hit, 2 walks & no runs!!!"
Ole Miss 7-5
HottyToddy'06
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebs Win 8-5! Bittle shut them down.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I wish I could have been at it, dang 3 pm starts!! :evil:

But a win is a win and I'm happy! Bittle is on. If he can keep his confidence he'll be a great closer this year. They were trying to groom Cryer for that role, but his last couple of outings have been shaky although he has not given up a run yet. In 4.2 innings he's given up 2 hits and 5 walks with 7 Ks.

Bittle on the other hand has had a great season thus far. However last season he had a great season early but then fell apart in conference play. I like Bittle and I think he has the most potential of any pitcher on the staff, but he has to keep his confidence up and not let a hit rattle him, if last season was any indication.
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Notice something. The Rebels have not allowed more than 5 runs in any game. That's HUGE! I heard Coach Bianco say in an interview either last year or the year before that he told the team that year that if they could hold all opponents to 5 or fewer runs a game that they'd win most of their games. And he's right.

Now the other side of that is scoring 5+ runs per game, but so far our guys have done a good job of that too!
GO REBELS!!!