HottyToddy'06
wbrebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

There's always next year...right guys?!?!!? Im so *beep* *beep* right now it isn't funny
Goroth

hey we had some bumps in the SEC play but finished strong other than tonights loss. Even if we dont get into the big dance i am still extremely happy to see a 20+ game season again from the rebel BB team. Regardless of people staying or going I see AK here for some years and moving right along.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Goroth wrote:hey we had some bumps in the SEC play but finished strong other than tonights loss. Even if we dont get into the big dance i am still extremely happy to see a 20+ game season again from the rebel BB team. Regardless of people staying or going I see AK here for some years and moving right along.
Anyone who is happy with this season should not be. I can take optimistic for next season but don't be content with what happened to this basketball team.
Goroth

MtownRebel wrote:
Goroth wrote:hey we had some bumps in the SEC play but finished strong other than tonights loss. Even if we dont get into the big dance i am still extremely happy to see a 20+ game season again from the rebel BB team. Regardless of people staying or going I see AK here for some years and moving right along.
Anyone who is happy with this season should not be. I can take optimistic for next season but don't be content with what happened to this basketball team.
ok there were rumors of this and that or this and that happened. The team struggled lost some games. But pulled it back together to finish strong. I am not going to be anything but happy that we gave Ole Miss a name in the national spot light for at least some time. So I will stick with being happy and look forward to next year. If the team can keep there heads up after this game and continue to play hard. I see some headway they can make in the NIT.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Goroth wrote:just the worst way to see a hard game played end

welcome ole miss to the nit
And that is how you give a game away that you COULD have won by standing around, walking to your man, barely raising your arms, and counting on the other team to miss hoping for another overtime.

The slowest, whitest, least athletic (at least in this game) kid for UGA is the one who gets WIDE *beep*ING OPEN UNDER THE BASKET for a short kiss jumper to win the game? You have got to REALLY ignore defense to not even take a chance on running the floor with this guy.

I agree that this team did some good things this year. Won 20 games, put up great numbers in OOC play, nationally ranked for a long time, played well in some very high profile national games. But I'm tired......... just completely sick and tired of "giving credit" and "being happy with what they accomplished" and "feeling good about building on this year"!!!!!!!!
Almost is not an acceptable way to live my life, and it shouldn't be an acceptable way to run a Div I SEC Collegiate sports programs. We are the SEC POSTER CHILD of almost, just about, one more play, if we didn't have injuries, next year...... and I'm getting fed up.

I believe in AK. I think he has all the tools to be the future of Ole Miss basketball. I think if he's allowed to recruit, coach and play HIS style of basketball, we will be a force in the SEC and in post season play for many years to come. I just want some solid, year in year out results without the "what if" factor coming into play. I get it, back to back 20 win season. I understand that AK did something with basically nothing these last two years, and I know we have some very solid talent coming in next season. I know that all these things point to exactly what I'm asking for....... maybe I'm just worried about being let down, again. :nerv:
L. S. WHO?
OleMissFan9
Water Boy
Water Boy

At least DC, Kenny Williams, Parnell, and Smith can play at the Tad Pad again. (Hopefully)
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

OleMissFan9 wrote:At least DC, Kenny Williams, Parnell, and Smith can play at the Tad Pad again. (Hopefully)
Wouldn't count on that. A loss to the worst G.D. team in the SEC when we KNEW we had to win to get to the dance, not to mention we JUST BEAT THEM A FEW WEEKS AGO IN THEIR OWN HOUSE, won't and shouldn't scream "home court" to anyone in the NIT.
L. S. WHO?
done

It is only appropriate that our season (the NIT is basically exhibition) ends with Georgia running the length of the court basically uncontested with 6 seconds left and getting a wide open jumper within 12-15 feet of the basket with the majority of our defense looking on from the other side of the court.

Huertas played his butt off. He and Warren making 3 straight FT's at the end of regulation and OT was ballsy. But our style is going to keep us from being as good as we can be. We play basketball like Texas Tech plays football. It's fast pace and certainly not boring, but at the end of the season we look up and we have lost 10 SEC games, many of which we could have won with even a slither of smart defense.

The times I have gotten to watch this team play have been painful. I just don't like the style. I don't mind the run and gun, if you play equally as hard and smart on the defensive end.

I think AK is a good hire and I am looking forward to seeing the Idaho kid work into the team next year along with Warren, but this year was frustrating at best.
done

It is only appropriate that our season (the NIT is basically exhibition) ends with Georgia running the length of the court basically uncontested with 6 seconds left and getting a wide open jumper within 12-15 feet of the basket with the majority of our defense looking on from the other side of the court.

Huertas played his butt off. He and Warren making 3 straight FT's at the end of regulation and OT was ballsy. But our style is going to keep us from being as good as we can be. We play basketball like Texas Tech plays football. It's fast pace and certainly not boring, but at the end of the season we look up and we have lost 10 SEC games, many of which we could have won with even a slither of smart defense.

The times I have gotten to watch this team play have been painful. I just don't like the style. I don't mind the run and gun, if you play equally as hard and smart on the defensive end.

I think AK is a good hire and I am looking forward to seeing the Idaho kid work into the team next year along with Warren, but this year was frustrating at best.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:It is only appropriate that our season (the NIT is basically exhibition) ends with Georgia running the length of the court basically uncontested with 6 seconds left and getting a wide open jumper within 12-15 feet of the basket with the majority of our defense looking on from the other side of the court.

Well said.

Well said. JP!! :lol: :lol:
L. S. WHO?