Central Arkansas Game

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Heath wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:At least Bittle seems on be on his stuff.
Yep. But that is bad when we have to put in our best closer (arguably our best pitcher) to save our a**es from a high school team!
EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!! This is my biggest problem with this team.

We are fighting for our lives against a nooooooooooooooobody.
It's happening, every........... single.........week. :scratch:
L. S. WHO?
OleMissFan9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Heath wrote:I don't understand why Bianco is not playing Cullan Kight more instead of Matt Smith. True, Smith has come up with some big hits....a few weeks ago. I have not seen him do crap lately. I mean, why not put in Kight to play some, especially in a mid-week game? :?
Cullan Kight got arrested or something to the effect. Maybe Bianco suspended him internally?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

OleMissFan9 wrote:
Heath wrote:I don't understand why Bianco is not playing Cullan Kight more instead of Matt Smith. True, Smith has come up with some big hits....a few weeks ago. I have not seen him do crap lately. I mean, why not put in Kight to play some, especially in a mid-week game? :?
Cullan Kight got arrested or something to the effect. Maybe Bianco suspended him internally?
Is this really true? Link to article/info?
L. S. WHO?
OleMissFan9
Water Boy
Water Boy

I actually read it on this bored.

Link to thread: http://www.rebelfaithful.com/forum/view ... b753275aa8
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

OleMissFan9 wrote:I actually read it on this bored.

Wonder how I missed that? :?

Well, if he's been riding the pine for the last 7 weeks, I would think he's about served his punishment huh?

But the Baseball site stats show he's played in 4 games so far.....
It's just confusing. We don't know what's going on behind the lines......
L. S. WHO?
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

After 7, still 3-3. We've had guys on second with no outs a couple of times and can't get them home.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

2 on, 0 out and we can't get a run.......

What is happening? Are we just completely incapable of playing solid ball for more than 2 games at a time?
L. S. WHO?
OleMissFan9
Water Boy
Water Boy

oxpatchreb wrote:
OleMissFan9 wrote:I actually read it on this bored.

Wonder how I missed that? :?

Well, if he's been riding the pine for the last 7 weeks, I would think he's about served his punishment huh?

But the Baseball site stats show he's played in 4 games so far.....
It's just confusing. We don't know what's going on behind the lines......
I honestly have no clue. I was just trying to think of an explanation as to why he isn't playing.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

I seriously can't handle this kind of crap sitting at my computer watching random updates from the WORST play by play stats service ON THE PLANET!!!!!!

We have 2nd and 3rd with no outs and nothing happens, they get two on and BANG, wild pitch later they're threatening to break the game open!!!!!!!

I can handle it when I'm there, I can see things unfold and read between the lines. But this is KILLING ME!!!!!!!

I'm done for the evening....... I'll find out how we did tomorrow.
L. S. WHO?
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Bittle saved us there. Runners at 2nd and 3rd with no outs and he strikes out the next 3 batters. Whew.

Still 3-3.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

SH*T, bottom of the 9th bases loaded and 1 out. We strike out twice.

WTF.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebs lose 3-4 in 10. Midweek games are killing us.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

I AM WIPING MY HANDS OF THIS TEAM.

I CANNOT HANDLE ANOTHER BASKETBALL SEASON.

This is the same G.D. team as the last 5. LOADED with talent, UNDERACHIEVING!!!!!!

i'm done.
L. S. WHO?
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I saw where the Lady Rebs took care of business and beat Cent. Ark in softball.

Our guys don't have that 'killer' instinct of taking care of business. We fart around during these mid-week games and let other teams hang around and get confidence. No way that EVERY mid-week game we are facing pitchers that are on there game. If they are, then we have to sack up and generate runs and make plays in the field.

10 hits and 15 left on base. The 10 hits are ok, just ok for a mid-week game but 15 LOB, that's pathetic. Good teams find ways to get those runs home. Hit and Runs, Sacs to the outfield, bunts, squeezes (oh yeah, we can't bunt) instead we strike out with men on third and less than 2 outs.

Our pitching is doing fine, it's the bats that are killing us.

Frustrating.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I wanted to wait until this morning to post anything on the game last night. Let it kinda sit for a night.

When this team is on their hitting, on their pitching. Even when they're just average in hitting but pitching is preforming, then this team can beat ANYBODY in the country. When they're not hitting or pitching it's difficult to watch.

I've said all along that this is a top 10 team and that I felt like #8 is where to put them right now. Now I'm not so sure. We've got everything but consistency. And I think that's what really separates the pretenders from the contenders. We all know that anyone can drop a game or get an upset. But this is Central Arkansas. They were Div. II just 2 years ago. This is their 2nd year playing with the big boys and they knock off a national power on the road. That just doesn't happen to a true top 10. I don't want to say that we don't have a good baseball team. I think they're VERY good. Great even. But the inconsistency is what's hurting them the most and making our blood pressure go through the roof.

Irwin did a pretty good job. He gave up the 3 runs, but 3 runs should not spell disaster. Bittle came in and was brilliant as usual. He got into trouble in the 8th but responded with 2 Ks to get out of the inning.

Side note on Bittle. This kid is AWESOME. It's great to see how he's grown as a pitcher. Last year he would have given up a couple of runs in the same situation he was in last night in the 8th. This year he puts it behind him and dominates the next two. Great job.

I do question the decision to take a pitcher like Bittle out while he's hot and put in Cryer. Cryer gave up a run on two hits, three walks, and two strikeouts in 1.0 inning of work. Maybe not so bad for a starter, but for a closer it can be the difference in a game, and it was last night.

McKean finished it up very well.

On the other side, what do you do to bring the runners home? It's a plaguing problem. I can't count the number of men LOB last night. Actually, yeah I can. It was 15. All we needed were two of those and we win. Actually, in the bottom of the 9th you have bases loaded, ONE OUT and you can't get a fly ball to win the game. That's so frustrating.

I think perhaps it's time to readjust the thinking on this team. This team still has the potential to go to Omaha AND win it all this year. But I'm not going to think about national seeds and Omaha, etc., etc. It's time to focus on not letting UALR upset us tonight and then get after Florida this weekend. UALR beat Mississippi State at home a couple of weeks ago. Florida will bring a 7 game win streak to Oxford this weekend. They beat #3 Florida State last night, 6-1. They will not be an easy test. The guys need to get some time in BP and get the bats going again like they were this past Friday and get it consistent.

Another side note. Major props to Fuller Smith! He went 4-for-4 last night with two singles and two doubles. What a night for Fuller!
GO REBELS!!!