Whos gonna win it all?

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Who do you guys think is gonna win it all? My pick is Wisconsin. Yes, Wisconsin. They have the best defense in the nation led by Michael Flowers - who will shut down your best perimeter player. They have the ultimate hustle man Joe Krabbenhoft, who has gotten stitches 35 times and Im not making that up. Brian Butch and Alonzo Landry both can play and Landry is younger bro of Houston Rockets F Carl Landry. This team plays great as a team. I want to say Louisville, but I just cant. Just wondering what you guys think. Also, you gotta love Bo Ryan. Check this out.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=BAFKGhHiLII[/youtube]
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

If you play out the NIT on whatifsports.com you end up with Arizona State vs. Ole Miss for the NIT championship. ASU wins by a slim margin.

I didn't do this myself, but someone on another board did and I found it quite exciting.
GO REBELS!!!
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

BigTrev34 wrote:Who do you guys think is gonna win it all? My pick is Wisconsin. Yes, Wisconsin. They have the best defense in the nation led by Michael Flowers - who will shut down your best perimeter player. They have the ultimate hustle man Joe Krabbenhoft, who has gotten stitches 35 times and Im not making that up. Brian Butch and Alonzo Landry both can play and Landry is younger bro of Houston Rockets F Carl Landry. This team plays great as a team. I want to say Louisville, but I just cant. Just wondering what you guys think. Also, you gotta love Bo Ryan. Check this out.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=BAFKGhHiLII[/youtube]
No way. They are just too slow. No big ten team will make it past the sweet 16.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

UCLA tops UNC, 81-78
safe pick, I know, but extremely realist
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

olemsdave76 wrote:UCLA tops UNC, 81-78
I agree Dave with UCLA and UNC in the championship game, but I have UNC topping UCLA 88-85. Either way I feel this year will be fairly top heavy, probably all 1 or 2 seeds in the final four.

It usually doesnt happen, but I believe this might be the year the final four comes down to all #1 seeds.
Randy
done

I have North Carolina beating Duke 77-71.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Wisconsin is my pick bc I know if they do win, which they have a very legit shot, I win my brackets. I always go out on alimb. It hasnt worked since Syracuse. i picked that and got it perfect. I have a man crush on Melo and loved Hakim Warrick. I know everyone will pick UCLA, UNC and Kansas and I understand. They are not too slow and they will play at their pace. This is bad to say but Im rooting for UK right now. I hate Tom Crean and love Joey Crawford (not the moron NBA ref). Go Cats! Man, that looks bad.
mmoore313
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

im not much of a basketball watcher, but i did a bracket just to make it interesting. i have a memphis-tennessee rematch with tenn winning. probably not going to happen, but for me, it would be the most interesting matchup.
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton... Old times they are not forgotten.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

rewalters wrote:
I agree Dave with UCLA and UNC in the championship game, but I have UNC topping UCLA 88-85. Either way I feel this year will be fairly top heavy, probably all 1 or 2 seeds in the final four.

It usually doesnt happen, but I believe this might be the year the final four comes down to all #1 seeds.
Thanks for the props...and four # 1's has never happened.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I've got the exact same as you, dave.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

As much as I hate them and the university I have Memphis winning it all. Usually I have them making it out before the final four based on Cal not coaching, but he's actually implemented an offense that's working instead of letting them run around with no objective and the Tigers are easily the deepest team in the tourney.

Another team to watch out for is KU. My non number one seed who can make some noise is Stanford. Having those Lopez twins can potentially carry them a good ways.
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

I got to tell ya I believe that it will be Kansas and Duke, yes Duke call me crazy. I say the final will be 82-72 Kansas. With all the talent that Kansas has they're a shoe in to win it all in my opinion.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

olemsdave76 wrote:
rewalters wrote:

Thanks for the props...and four # 1's has never happened.
That's is pretty amazing, since '85 when the field expanded to 64 teams there has not been an all #1 seed final four.

The closest it came was in '93 , when three #1 seeds (Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina) and a #2 seed (Kansas) made it to the Final Four. Indiana was the other #1 seed that year who lost to Kansas in the Elite Eight. Michigan won the NC but later vacated over the Weber violations giving the title to UNC.
Randy
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

UNC has been really impressive. I would not have picked them to do well before the first tip off, but after the last two games, I think they have a shot. They dominated ARK today and I could not have been happier!

I give a real nod to Butler! That's one spunky team and they gave TN all they could stand. While I wanted to see the SEC do well, I found myself rooting for Butler today just because they played so hard and never gave up. I'm sure TN felt lucky to get out of the gym with a win today.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

OK. I was wrong. But no one wouldve beat Davidson tonight. Im now rooting for my Cards to beat UNC. Go Cards!