One down...

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

I understand the frustration this season with the Rebel basketball team, but, it is, at least, in my opinion that we the fans have to continue to be supportive.

We had four guys in double figures while pounding UCSB into submission after a close first half.

Hotty Toddy!! Go Rebs!
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Nebraska just knocked off their opponent big time. Watch out for the 3 pt shooting. They'll be in Oxford next.
GO REBELS!!!
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

tonight seemed halfass as far as the fans go. Usually the student section keeps it kicking..The NIT is just hard to get excited about. We'll see. I love em.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Cannot wait. I hope to see a repeat of the Rebs spanking the Huskers the same way we did in the 02 Independance Bowl....

...I am gonna go out on a line and predict that the Rebel Round Ballers crush the Huskers, and move on to Madison Square Garden soon....

..meet ASU in the title game, and become the 65th best in the Nation after that victory.

I realize that ain't much, but I do remeber when USM won the NIT, maybe some folks will remeber us as well...
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
Townes
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I think that the toughest thing is that the next game is scheduled for Monday at noon.... noon.

I'm sure the attendance at that game will be spectacular...

EDIT: Game time has now been set for 8 PM on Monday. That will work out much better.
Houston Nutt has done nothing but good things for Ole Miss. Until he does something bad, all your arguments against him are lost on us.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

OMNOB wrote: We had four guys in double figures while pounding UCSB into submission after a close first half.

Hotty Toddy!! Go Rebs!
After UCSB went stale, they still had a chance for 2 or 3 rebounds per possession, and that's pretty unacceptable. The fact is, all the big guys were out there last night and we are lucky that our shots started to sink, because for a while it looked like Auburn Game 1 all over again.

REBOUNDS REBOUNDS REBOUNDS.
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

dgmcdowe wrote:
OMNOB wrote: We had four guys in double figures while pounding UCSB into submission after a close first half.

Hotty Toddy!! Go Rebs!
After UCSB went stale, they still had a chance for 2 or 3 rebounds per possession, and that's pretty unacceptable. The fact is, all the big guys were out there last night and we are lucky that our shots started to sink, because for a while it looked like Auburn Game 1 all over again.

REBOUNDS REBOUNDS REBOUNDS.
Give them some credit. If you look at the season's resume, you will have to recognize that the "shots were sinking" for most of the season. They didn't when there was a combination of bad luck, missing personnel, and these guys learning to balance defensive energy with offensive intensity. This game was much more like MOST of the games that we played this season. I DO think that Nebraska will be a tougher opponent, but I think we have the horses to run with them and hopefully homecourt will give us an edge.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I give us the nod over NEB since it's at home, but unless VA Tech loses, we will have to go there on Wed and that won't be any easy win. We simply don't play well on road games..... maybe if it was a neutral site, but at their house, we will have to play our best ball. I'm not saying we won't get it done, I just don't like the odds of having to play on the road when it's not a neutral site.