FLA game 1 updates

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Heath
All American
All American

Can anyone provide some updates on the Florida game 1 periodically? I am at work and can't get it on gametracker. Thanks. :D
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Down 4-2 in Bottom of 7th
HottyToddy'06
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

You can try this link it just shows the scores.

http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/showm ... 69&style=2
HottyToddy'06
Heath
All American
All American

Thanks, although I didn't like what I saw. OM down 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th.
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

It just switched 4-3 i have no idea whats goin on but its killin me and i wish i did! Hopefully we're about to score another run! Go Rebels!!!
HottyToddy'06
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

4-4 NOW THIS IS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!!!! Bout time we score some runs in this game!!!! Bottom of the 9th lets finish them off!!!!!!!
HottyToddy'06
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

We Win! 5-4! Wow great job to come back in the bottom of the 9th and get a good win!
HottyToddy'06
Heath
All American
All American

Yes! Way to keep fighting Rebels!! Good win over a top 25 team! I am also glad to see the O back Lance up when he did not have a good game!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Went to the game. Best finish I've ever witnessed in person in my LIFE! There was no reason for hope going into the 9th. It honestly looked like the Gators had it in their hip pocket. I was really thinking "2 runs? Might as well be 200 the way we're hitting this guy." But Power gets a double and is brought home by Smith. Then a bloop here and an error there and suddenly the crowd is on their feet and the game is tied. And when Guerrero barreled over the catcher to score the winning run you would've thought they had won the CWS. The dugout cleared and they tackled Guerrero at the plate and the pile moved all the way down to 1st base. Hotty Toddy rang out through the night air and no one had a voice left after 10 solid minutes of cheering.

I was just stunned. Happy, but stunned. The Rebs earned the win in the 9th, but before they they did nothing to deserve it. But they turned it on when it mattered.

Lynn did a good job. Not just great for him, but that one error by Ferguson at SS hurt him in the 2nd and he gave up some hits and runs to follow it up and fall behind 4-0.

Matt Smith had a great HR over the right field wall. We had a chance for a really big inning in the 8th, but Fuller Smith grounded into a 3-4-3 double play to kill the momentum. Fortunately it didn't do in the team all together.

I thought McKean came in and did a great job to finish up the game for Lynn.

The hitters were going after the first pitch every time. I imagine the scouting report probably said to hit this guy early, but they were swinging at ANYTHING and coming up empty with strikes, fly ball outs and ground outs. In the 8th and 9th they really made the starter work. Florida's starter left in the 9th and had only thrown either just under or just over 100 pitches to that point.

Great win over a really great team. Tonight's win put the Rebels tied for 1st overall in the SEC. We're really sitting pretty in the West right now, but no time to slack up. Here's what the SEC looks like right now overall:

Ole Miss 3-1
Florida 3-1
Kentucky 3-1
Tennessee 3-1
Georgia 3-1
Vanderbilt 3-1
South Carolina 2-2 (1 GB)
Arkansas 2-2 (1 GB)
MSU 2-2 (1 GB)
Auburn 1-3 (2 GB)
LSU 1-3 (2 GB)
Alabama 0-4 (3 GB)