Va Tech

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

So far, so good, didn't get to see a whole lot of it (cooking dinner, sheesh) but from what I heard (listening to the television broadcast), and what my Brother has told me, the Rebel round ballers are looking pretty decent right now.

Need to do a better job on the boards, but hey, a two point half time lead on the road in the NIT, is a two point lead on the road in the NIT!

Right?

Hotty Toddy!!
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
Goroth

A couple more wins and people will wonder why Ole Miss wasn't in the NCAA Tourny. Looks like we got VT in the bag. 74-64 1:30 left. Go Rebels.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

these are the rebels we saw at the beginning of the year. No doubt, both teams on that court thought that they deserved a shot at the BIG DANCE, but Ole Miss came out on top...and played great ball.

That feels like the redemption we've been looking for.
cajunrebel

I thought we had a good, scrappy win tonight. I'm proud of the guys for proving that they are the team that started the season. Congrats to Coach K and the team.

I'm also proud of the Va Tech fans at the end of the game. They chanted "Let's go Hokies" even after the last seconds ticked off in their loss. That shows true class and that they are behind their team no matter what.

ON TO NEW YORK CITY!!!

HOTTY TODDY!!!
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

cajunrebel wrote:I thought we had a good, scrappy win tonight. I'm proud of the guys for proving that they are the team that started the season. Congrats to Coach K and the team.

I'm also proud of the Va Tech fans at the end of the game. They chanted "Let's go Hokies" even after the last seconds ticked off in their loss. That shows true class and that they are behind their team no matter what.

ON TO NEW YORK CITY!!!

HOTTY TODDY!!!
Agreed, great win and our defense and rebounding were phenomenal. Too many fouls at the end but I think the refs were calling some touch stuff. Williams and Curtis were straight up and getting called for fouls.

I wish our fans were on this level. VT has ZERO basketball tradition but this shows you how good fans are. Ours start leaving with 3 minutes to go in a 2 pt ballgame; gotta beat all the traffic (sarcasm).
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

cajunrebel wrote:I thought we had a good, scrappy win tonight. I'm proud of the guys for proving that they are the team that started the season. Congrats to Coach K and the team.

ON TO NEW YORK CITY!!!

HOTTY TODDY!!!
Yeah, I saw/heard that tonight as well. I thought that was a really classy thing to do for your team. Our boys looked good tonight. Just like they did at the beginning of the season, I agree. Hopefully we got to NY and make a good showing. I really don't want them to have done all this work just to go to NY and get blown off the floor....

But, the way they're playing right now, that doesn't seem likely!!!

Go Rebs!
L. S. WHO?
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Either way, this is a quality win and the best I have seen the Rebels play since the before the SEC season progressed.

I wish that we had seen this kinda fire earlier, but going into NY, I like our chances...

(gotta make free throws, though)
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Sorry, but as a footnote, you are right Rebelious (sic) with all that has happened, I was impressed by the Hokies chants toward the end of the game.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Congrats to the Rebs, wasn't able to watch the game, but from what I have read it seems like a solid effort.

Good to see us finishing strong, hopefully it will carry over to next year.
Randy
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

OMNOB wrote:So far, so good, didn't get to see a whole lot of it (cooking dinner, sheesh) but from what I heard (listening to the television broadcast), and what my Brother has told me, the Rebel round ballers are looking pretty decent right now.

Need to do a better job on the boards, but hey, a two point half time lead on the road in the NIT, is a two point lead on the road in the NIT!

Right?

Hotty Toddy!!
We out rebounded by 46 to 23. I don't think it will get much better.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

RebelBond wrote:
OMNOB wrote:So far, so good, didn't get to see a whole lot of it (cooking dinner, sheesh) but from what I heard (listening to the television broadcast), and what my Brother has told me, the Rebel round ballers are looking pretty decent right now.

Right?

Hotty Toddy!!

RebelBond
I think his post was about the first half only. I don't know what the rebound stats were in the first half, but his time stamp shows it was posted around halftime..... I think.
L. S. WHO?
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I was able to watch the first half and we seemed to really pick up our game about half way through. We played with a lot of energy and were fighting for loose ball and I didn't see any really 'bad' turnovers.

We need to keep up that type of energy in NY.
done

First: Great win...very fun to watch up until the last two minutes

Second: If it were closer we may have lost it in the last two minutes. Still way too may mistakes and turnovers, which would have cost us against a better team.

Third: Before we throw up our first 3 pointer in MSG I would like for us to pound it inside to Curtis and Williams until somebody shows us they can stop them. They are MEN!

Fourth: Va Tech should be extremely proud of their fans, particularly their students. Class act all around.

Fifth: I wish we could play with as much intensity and toughness against SEC teams as we do against non-conference teams.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I concur with all that has been posted. Great great win and I'm very proud of our team and excited for where Coach K has this program headed.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

oxpatchreb wrote:
RebelBond wrote:

Right?

Hotty Toddy!!

RebelBond
I think his post was about the first half only. I don't know what the rebound stats were in the first half, but his time stamp shows it was posted around halftime..... I think.
1st half rebounds were 28 to 13 our favor.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson