Coach Bianco talks about the team

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

The link below is from the SEC sports site where each of the 12 SEC coaches was interviewed yesterday I believe. If you will click on the link and again click on the broadcast link at the SEC site, you can listen to Coach Bianco at 1:04 along in the interviews (the total of all interviews lasts 1:30). Here is the link:

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?s=&u ... _well_id=2

I thought it was interesting how Coach Bianco stated that we had had some pleasant surprises this year and then some not so pleasant surprises. He specifically referred to the opening stretch when we went undefeated and then promptly went into a long losing streak where we lost a good many more than we won. He commented that it is not unusual to have losing streaks, but you don't expect them to last that long and be that deep. However, he says that currently our pitching, fielding and hitting have all started to come around, so he is very optimistic that maybe they now have righted the ship. He did comment that Pomeranz is pitching as well if not better than anyone else in the nation right now.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

I'll give him credit. It sounds like he is acknowledging (albeit in a completely PC manner) that the slump surprised and frustrated all of us. He made no mention of band wagons, or waining support during the slump. So at least he recognizes that we weren't jumping ship, we were just showing our distaste and disappointment for the level of play that was offered on the field during that time.

I TRULY, TRULY hope he's right, and that the boys are back in kick *beep* mode and are ready to tear the SEC a new one!!!!

Let's go Rebels, Pound those kitties into submission!!! Send them back to the Litter Box with their hinies tanned!!!!!!:twisted: :twisted:

Even if we were still playing poorly, this is the one series that I will be hanging on every pitch. I REAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYYY want to win this series. Is this one on regional TV at all? Any chance some affiliate is going to show a game or two down here?
L. S. WHO?