SEC Tourney - Day 2

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxfordrebel
All American
All American

The link below is for the page on the SECSports.com site. Live stats and streaming audio for all games this year!

SEC Tourney - Day 2
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

It might be a VERY late game tonight. Rain expected in the Hoover area this afternoon...
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

About to go into a meeting all afternoon, but it's always fun to see who gets to go home first from Hoover and this year it's none other than Florida. SC wins 10-3 over the Gators in the first game.

Second game starts about 2:30 or 2:45. Only an hour and a half behind schedule... :roll:

It's really gonna be a late night with the game tonight...
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Could the SEC Regular Season Champs Georgia go 2 and out in the SEC Tourney? Perhaps...

In the 4th inning it's 4-1 Bama over Georgia.
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

So UGA is 2 and out. Bama wins Game two 5-2. They await the loser of the Ole Miss-Kentucky game tonight while SC awaits the loser of the LSU-Vandy game that will be starting in a little bit.

Remember, the next two teams that win will get tomorrow off while the other two teams will have to play tomorrow on Elimination Friday.
GO REBELS!!!
Goroth

You cant hold these rebels back. who cares about your seed.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Guerrero hits a home run in the early morning hours at Hoover with one on in the bottom of the 9th after UK had taken the lead in the top of the 9th.

We now get a much deserved day off and play the winner of the Vandy-USC game on Saturday. Below is a writeup from the Ole Miss Sports website. Anyone betting on a LSU-Ole Miss finale? If so, they are hot, but so are we----and we're building a lot of confidence in a hurry!!!!!

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... ID=1473833
Last edited by RichmondVAReb on Fri May 23, 2008 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I don't know anything about this guy, but he sounds like a jerk to me. By the way, in the 4 games we have played this year, we are 2 wins and 2 losses against Kentucky, and the first 3 games were played at Kentucky!! Here are the UK coach comments:

"We have had great success against Ole Miss the last few times we've played. We threw two bad pitches in the last couple of innings. I felt they had to win this game to get into a regional. I am pleased with the way our kids competed, but Ole Miss took two great swings when it really mattered. I think overall we played a better game but that is how it works sometimes."
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Here's a YouTube someone put up of the walk off homer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1mXWoie3mQ
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

RichmondVAReb wrote:Guerrero hits a home run in the early morning hours at Hoover with one on in the bottom of the 9th after USC had taken the lead in the top of the 9th.
I think you meant Kentucky instead of USC. Early morning, excitement, I understand.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Redbluedude wrote:Here's a YouTube someone put up of the walk off homer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1mXWoie3mQ
Thanks for the vid. Great stuff! Go Rebels!
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

RichmondVAReb wrote:I don't know anything about this guy, but he sounds like a jerk to me. By the way, in the 4 games we have played this year, we are 2 wins and 2 losses against Kentucky, and the first 3 games were played at Kentucky!! Here are the UK coach comments:

"We have had great success against Ole Miss the last few times we've played. We threw two bad pitches in the last couple of innings. I felt they had to win this game to get into a regional. I am pleased with the way our kids competed, but Ole Miss took two great swings when it really mattered. I think overall we played a better game but that is how it works sometimes."
You would think he wold know that is part of the game, making the swings when you have to.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

RichmondVAReb wrote:I don't know anything about this guy, but he sounds like a jerk to me. By the way, in the 4 games we have played this year, we are 2 wins and 2 losses against Kentucky, and the first 3 games were played at Kentucky!! Here are the UK coach comments:

Let's see...

Score: Ole Miss 8; UK 7
Hits: Ole Miss 10; UK 9
Errors: UK 1; Ole Miss 2
LOB: UK 8; Ole Miss 8
Double Plays Turned: Ole Miss 1; UK 0

Oh yeah, UK, you played a MUCH better game overall... :roll:

Honestly, if you watched last night's game, both teams competed so evenly. I was so afraid that error by Ferguson was going to be the dagger to the heart, but the guys responded and took the win. Great job. Time to take in a day of rest and watch Elimination Friday unfold. Glad we're out of that bracket, but SC or Vandy will be stiff competition. I think I'd rather see SC come out of that game. We swept Vandy earlier and you know they're looking for revenge. I'm tired of facing Vandy in the SEC Tourney anyway. We beat UGA and UK both who took 2 of 3 in the regular season. I can't help but feel like facing SC (who also took 2 of 3) would be better right now. Keep the magic alive and let's ride this thing through!
GO REBELS!!!
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I learned from the Spirit board that his name is Cohen, and he is a msu graduate. I knew I detected something especially sour in his comments (typical state attitude in my book), and as you pointed out OxfordRebel, he is flat out wrong in saying his team played clearly the best game. He is a jerk. Some dogs are speculating that he will be their next coach by the way, so we may see more of him. We may learn to hate him as much as Sherrill.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

RichmondVAReb wrote:I learned from the Spirit board that his name is Cohen, and he is a msu graduate. I knew I detected something especially sour in his comments (typical state attitude in my book), and as you pointed out OxfordRebel, he is flat out wrong in saying his team played clearly the best game. He is a jerk. Some dogs are speculating that he will be their next coach by the way, so we may see more of him. We may learn to hate him as much as Sherrill.
After thinking about it, I don't want to put just a whole lot of stock in his quotes because I'm willing to at least give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps from where he was sitting he thought his team did play better. Perhaps it was emotions from two very late games and a somewhat lack of sleep.

I do know this. Evidently he is a heck of a coach. UK had NOTHIN when he came in and he has done a number on the SEC for three years now. I would absolutely hate to see him go to State and us have to deal with him 4 times a year (or more).
GO REBELS!!!