Championship Game

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

It seems almost too good to be true that we are in the championship game. It almost seems like we would be stealing one if we were able to beat LSU and walk away with this one. I do not know what to think about the streak LSU is on. Would you rather come in to this game not having lost one in a while and be due a loss or would you rather be hot and on a 19 game winning streak? My thinking is that I would rather not be LSU at this point. All good things must come to an end and how bad would that be to be LSU if you wait to lose one when it is for the tournament crown? Ole Miss has everything to win and nothing to lose... we should not even be here by all accounts. I wonder if we have gone from not sure if we will get a NCAA bid to maybe hosting a regional? I will say this Ole Miss has shown a great deal of character turning around this season at the end the way they did and by coming back and not letting happen to us like we did last year to Vandy. I am pumped!
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Agree with everything you say here, but I am so worried that a loss here will mean an endless summer between me and my LSU aquaintances[sp?] at home.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

and that is that this is the 3rd SEC championship game in the last 4 years in which Ole Miss has participated. That is quite a tribute to Mike Bianco and the Rebel players and is proof that this is no accident and that we deserve to be here. And what a contribution individual players have made, such as Bittle, Guerrero, Ferguson, Lynn, Henry, and on and on. The whole team deserves many kudos. I want this one, but we will be in the regionals so I will be happy no matter what happens today.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If LSU loses. they could win the CWS. If they win, I don't see it happening. They need to lose one now, to take the pressure off.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Going into the 4th, The Good Guys lead 2-1.

It's looking like a good game, and if we can keep the errors at bay (FERGUSON!), then we've still got a great shot at this.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

LSUX takes the lead on a 2 spot in the 5th inning.

3-2

C'mon rebs, go get those kitties.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Tigers just hit a two run homer with 2 outs, still in the 5th.

that puts us way behind. 6-2. The worst part? They aren't done yet.

UPDATE: Nightmare inning is over.

6-2 going to the 6th.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

After six complete, still 6-2
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Bah. I give up. I'd rather find out that they miraculously came back than watch this any longer.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Disappointing loss, but not unexpected. We ran into a buzzsaw today in the form of LSU baseball. Once Coleman came in with his unorthodox delivery we were totally off at the plate. Not to mention that the baseball looks like beachballs to at least 5 of their hitters.
But even then, like several times this season, we had one bad inning (5th).
Important thing is we solidified a 2 seed in the NCAA tourney and looked more like the team we were supposed to be than all season IMHO. Key is to take the momentum of the last five days and apply it to wherever we are next weekend.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

well, guys...all good things must come to an end (unless you consider taxes a good thing), but look at the bright side...we're starting all over..in a regional.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Tough loss, but who among us saw us actually GETTING to the SEC Tourney Finals? Not me, for sure. I seriously had us 2 and out. Thrilled that I was wrong.

Excellent run through the Tourney from a team many had started singing funeral dirges for. I'm as guilty as any of wearing black and bringing flowers. But the guys got up off the mat and said "we ain't done yet!" Not only did they solidly get themselves off the bubble and into a regional, they picked up some serious momentum headed in.

From here on out is gravy. WTG, Rebels!
GO REBELS!!!
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Noone had us getting there, I made the short (but expensive drive) to Hoover to check it all out. There was a good showing from Rebel fans, LSUX is on a really, really good roll ( I do not quite understand not using Satterwhite earlier), and I think that our Rebs are feeling no pain exiting the tourney.

I believe that we just ran into a hot team, that team will falter, and we will remain hot for now.

"Eff" the Gold Jerseys, Ole Miss to Omaha!
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson